Muscovies males or female

Conroe, TX

Can someone confirm my thoughts as to males or females these were born on July 11 w

Thumbnail by Judysmuscovys Thumbnail by Judysmuscovys Thumbnail by Judysmuscovys
Conroe, TX

I think the two males are the big grey ones and the rest are females although that bigger white one I am not so sure if she is female or just a big girl

Alfred Station, NY(Zone 5b)

At this age you can tell by size. Males are quite a bit bigger (almost twice the size of the girls when full grown), and have bigger bottoms. I don't know how else to describe it. Females have smaller tushies. :) If you look at a female, from the legs back her bottom will curve upwards towards her tail almost immediately. Males have longer abdomens/bottoms that don't curve upwards as quickly.

If they are all the same size, then it's harder to tell unless you've raised enough of them to know. I think you have at least a couple males, based on the knobby caruncles that are starting to develop. It's hard to tell their size from the photos.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Do you raise them for eggs?

Timpson, TX

I believe they should have more on their faces if they are males, but size tells before they mature enough to tell by face markings.
Sorry, I came in on this late...I am sure you can tell by now.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Please tell us how it all played out?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.