Brugs sure got thinned out by the Last chill of the Spring

Hamilton, OH

I can't believe how many Brugs I don't have anymore.
A bunch of my Brugs, had to be tossed, but it's all good, the one's I do have I can manage now,
So now I can look forward to Next Spring.
I hope Every one else did better with their Brugs

Elizabeth

Hamilton, OH

Here's a couple that did make it

Elizabeth

Thumbnail by plantlover49 Thumbnail by plantlover49 Thumbnail by plantlover49 Thumbnail by plantlover49 Thumbnail by plantlover49
Hamilton, OH

my Brugs in the Basement, I am so Glad I already have them there it's all of 32 degrees outside,
it has really started getting cold Early, this year

Elizabeth

Thumbnail by plantlover49 Thumbnail by plantlover49 Thumbnail by plantlover49 Thumbnail by plantlover49 Thumbnail by plantlover49
Brownstown, IN

Very pretty Elizabeth!
I`m in the same boat, I lost lots of my brugs too, I still think they are beautiful plants and I still
have around ten plants that can be managed, I have started getting into more of the hardy
plants for my area like daylilies.
Nice pics!

Hamilton, OH

Karen
I am so glad you posted, Thank you for the nice comment, I just got back from moving all my Stuff from my Booth, it was a lousy week end, for sales, anyway here's what the booth looked like, now it's empty, I had to give it up, you know all the things you had to do for Christmas, BTW
I really enjoyed our visit even though I wish it could have been for a week or two.

Elizabeth

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Hello Elizabeth, sorry for your loss of brugs, I also lost a few, and still have yet to get a double to full growth from a cutting. I do have a few buds on the ones I managed to bring in and keep alive, they are doing great.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Long Beach, CA

Liz ~ Why did they have to get thrown out?
Rhapsody

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

Oh, my, Elizabeth................what is the name of the one 2nd from the right in the first group of pix. I would LOVE to find a cutting of that one!

Hamilton, OH

Debra
Looking Great, Looks like a GH in some Store
Raps
they died from cold exposure
Anna Z
that one is Lizzy, country Gardens owner crossed 2 Brugs to come up with that, he named it after Liz Fitchel

Elizabeth

Elizabeth (((((hugs))))) miss u g/f.

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

I'm getting my brug fix....I am down to 5 .....and of course none in bloom here in NY....going to finally get back to my plants....took a few years off and only the strong survived....lol

About the same here.. just a few old brugs left, I have had forever..haven't stopped gardening, just not ready to start with new brugs right now. I have yet to see a double in my garden.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Hamilton, OH

Debra
Girl your Basement looks really Great, I just finished, watering my Plants, the time sure does fly
I have been busy, with my GD, took her to get her Drivers License,she passed, also we took a photographer class, that Girl takes Great photo's already, she is so much fun to pal around with
Elizabeth

I'm glad you are spending good quality time with your granddaughter.

Hamilton, OH

Debra
here's just a few of the Pic's we took, Monday, we went to Cincinatti to find some interesting Photo's, we are off class for a week, then we take the intermediate Photo class, that's where
you have to keep your Camera set on manual focus, also you learn about lighting settings.
here's the Photo's, the plants are in my Basement

Elizabeth

Great Job! I got a new camera for Christmas and it needs a zoom lens and a couple other things, very complicated, going to enroll in the online course for the Nikon D3300. it is big, clunky and takes really big pictures.

Hamilton, OH

Sounds like a Great Camera, would you believe, the 4th Pic is painted on plastic screen, I have got to learn how they did that.it will be so exciting to see the Pic's you take with your new camera
did you check the weather forecast for the next week, it's suppose to be really warm.

Elizabeth

oh yes, nice today even, but volunteered to work. My daughter, Rose, does that screen printing panel thing. She keeps asking me if I have any pictures I want made into window screens. I don't want the sun blocked in any way, tho, and like to watch the bird feeder from my windows.
I really need to use the manual focus option on my camera a bit more..

Hamilton, OH

believe it or not, that's in the next class we have totally using the manual focus, if you have a tripod, that help's also, here are some plants, that I am looking for now, I love Cactus, esp. when it can live outside in our zone

Thumbnail by plantlover49 Thumbnail by plantlover49 Thumbnail by plantlover49 Thumbnail by plantlover49

did the cacti make it that I sent you? let me know.. that cholla is beautiful in the snow.

Hamilton, OH

Yes it did, it's growing Great in the Basement, I should have known you knew what the name of the Cactus is anyway, I am looking for them, I will talk to the manager of the Conservatory, to see maybe if they will sell some starts.

I am pretty sure I have some cholla here.. please don't buy any yet.

Thumbnail by joeswife
Hamilton, OH

wow
you do have some, I was amazed how well they do here in the ground, is there anything you need, now that it soon will be spring, I can send you some plants

I'll just send you some, no worries, you have sent me plenty thru the years.

Hamilton, OH

Debra
you have always sent me plants also, I just hope the plants Bloom earlier this year
Let me know how much it cost to send them

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.