D'uccles or booted bantams?

(Zone 6b)

My friend in IL has these three chickens she bought at a flea market. She wants a rooster for them. We have looked online several times and can't really find any chickens like hers. They are similar, but no cigar.

It appears at this time, that they are "booted bantams" a rarer breed than d'uccles. Two are the mille fleur color, and one is the buff, or perhaps the color is lemon is the right word, though they don't really look like the lemon colors in the videos I saw. Maybe buff is the word.

If you have info on these birds or can give any help, please do. I've been looking at videos and reading about the sablepoot, which are the booted bantams, for a few hours. One thing I just read said, "The d'uccle is supposed to have the V shape and the booted bantam the U shape ( backs) It's on the D'uccle and Booted Bantam Club website in the history section and the sections that describe the two standards."

Okay, I wanted to post a picture.

(Zone 6b)

Well, I have tried three times to upload the picture, but so far haven't been able to.

(Zone 6b)

I'll try again.

Thumbnail by Light_for_Jesus
(Zone 6b)

This is such a cute video of these birds. They look like they are wearing snow boots. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgA5LdIno4Y

There are many more videos on them. Some look really red, while others are lemon. None of them look exactly like hers though.

What does that V or U back mean? Is that when you look at them from the side or what?

Green, I really hope you don't watch this. :) I know how you are with chickens. :D These are just the cutest. She says they are really sweet little things too, they "talk" to her she says.

Bridgewater, ME

LFJ,I watched and they are so cute

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.