Geranium still doing well the last week of October

(Zone 4b)

We still have not had that killing frost and so this geranium (I am not sure if it is "Azure Rush" or "Havana Blues") is still looking quite good. (It is actually much larger than this but it was trimmed all the way around about a month ago).

What hardy geraniums of yours (besides the ubiquitous "Rozanne") is still in bloom for you?

This message was edited Oct 28, 2014 10:05 AM

Thumbnail by rouge21 Thumbnail by rouge21
(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

Lol. Not a thing. All mine are in the garage. Am going to try to keep them in their pots all winter. Will give them about a cup of water once a month. Think that will work? They are in about 2 gallons pots, some ceramic (unglazed) and some plastic. Garage is around 50. And they are in the dark most of the time.

(Zone 4b)

Understandable given your far north location!

You plant hardy geraniums in pots? Why dont you have them in the ground. There are many such geraniums that will winter just fine in a zone 4.

(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

Opss. Miss the "hardy" part. Yes I have some blue geraniums and had Splish-Splash for one summer. They both do really well. In fact, too well. They spread seeds to beat the band and are coming up everywhere. I tried to remember to immediately deadhead this year to cut down on the dratted things. Worse than weeds.

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

I'm getting a couple sporadic blooms from our 'Dilys' but that's about it. In regards to the 'Dily's, I've read that it does well in full shade, which isn't entirely untrue. However if you'd like it to bloom well, it'd be best to locate it in more sun. Mine will be getting moved this fall to a sunnier location.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.