Blue Dawn MG

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that Lowes has Blue Dawn perennial morning glory in one gallon containers.
It is listed as Blue Dawn Skyflower and it is $6.98.

Mesa, AZ

I just love Lowes! I especially love their clearance racks, my car cannot drive past a Lowes, even if it is 3 miles out of my way.....
Got Silky Gold Milkweed (asclepias) 2 gallon container for $6 off the clearance rack, so I took 3. I also got the Balls of Fire tecoma stans for $5.
I have several huge Desert Milkweed plants and had 1 Monarch hatch out last year. I have had a female flying around the Desert Milkweed, laying eggs, and now she has been landing on the Gold Milkweed, so fingers crossed that we have lots of little Monarchs!

Susie

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

My Lowe's doesn't seem to have all these great plants. All they have is the same old stuff that is not desert adapted!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I am lucky to have a Lowes that apparently has somebody who is a gardener .
I go there at least once a week on my way home from the gym and I always go to the discounted racks. I never leave empty handed. :O)

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

So Rodicap which Lowe's do you go to? Is there any day better than another for the clearance racks? I go to the one at I-17 and T'Bird with mixed results.

Sue G

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Sue,

I go to the one in Chandler on Ray Rd. but those were not on sale. As far as the clearance rack
I did not see any pattern yet and that is why I go to Lowes as often as I can. :O)
Most of the time I go after gym on my way back home. Since the surgery , I was not there as much.

Rodica

Mesa, AZ

They 'usually' put plants on the clearance rack on Thursday morning, since they get shipments on Thursday and Friday. This is according to one of the garden centers manager, who also says that they will move plants that aren't looking good at any time.
The one at Frank Lloyd Wright and Scottsdale Rd is awesome, the one at McDowell and Hayden is pretty good. The one out here in BFE (bit far east) at Ellsworth and Southern always has great stuff, as does the one on Higley and the 60.

Susie

Gilbert, AZ

How are the clearance tables looking at the Lowes you all go to? Increasingly, my Lowes in Gilbert only has ratty plants that are beyond saving...or they appear to be dead. Just my Lowes or is this trend at the other stores as well?

Prescott, AZ

They think it's winter! Nobody here is stocking much, it'll pick up again soon.

Gilbert, AZ

It seems like they have less now than they did a year ago....so want a blue dawn mg!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Crista,

I will look to see if I have any of this vine rooted in the flower beds. If I do, I will dig it up, pott it and you can have it. I will let you know.

Rodica

Gilbert, AZ

Oh thank you, Rodica! That would be wonderful! I didn't know that they propagated that way!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.