Begonias at the Atlanta Botanical Garden

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

This is parviflora - may be the tallest begonia ever?

Thumbnail by hcmcdole Thumbnail by hcmcdole Thumbnail by hcmcdole Thumbnail by hcmcdole Thumbnail by hcmcdole

maculata is fairly new there but still around 8 feet tall.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole Thumbnail by hcmcdole Thumbnail by hcmcdole Thumbnail by hcmcdole Thumbnail by hcmcdole

Other begonias in the same glass house.

Last one - this reminds me of photos I've seen of angularis but not being acquainted with that particular begonia I can't definitively say it is. This was in the rear and I don't think the garden would approve of me walking over their well tended gardens. This looks like it will be a very large begonia itself.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole Thumbnail by hcmcdole
Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Oh wow, loved that last one, now I am going to have to look up angularis.

I think it is a parent of Grey Feather which is very easy to grow.

I should show some pictures of the elephant ears growing there. One called Malaysian Monster is indeed a monster (about twice the size of the ones I saw at Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden last month).

Thumbnail by hcmcdole Thumbnail by hcmcdole
Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

I hate it when they don't label stuff in a botanical garden as opposed to being mildly annoyed when they put the plant label somewhere where I can't see it clearly. In their defense, I am totally nearsighted and need pretty big print in the back row.
Martha
BTW These begonias are great!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.