Gulf Coast Gardeners

Ocean Springs, MS

Trying to find members on the Gulf Coast to meet and greet! I live in Coastal Mississippi. Saying "hello" and hope to hear from some of my DG neighbors!

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

Though I now live in Starkville, MS, I lived in Pascagoula for 25 years. I still have lots of friends, lots of good memories of my time on the Mississippi Gulf coast. My first greenhouse was built while I lived down there (I now have three here in Starkville) and that's where my love of tropical plants began.

Ken

Ocean Springs, MS

Thanks, Ken! Mrs. Mendy offered some plumeria cuttings to me before she brings them in for the winter! So glad she helped me with the orchids and thank you for my new garden friend!

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

Most welcome.

Go Dawgs!

Ken

Ocean Springs, MS

Still looking for gardening friends close to me! :)

Ventress, LA(Zone 8b)

Count me in. I am north of Baton Rouge, LA.

Ocean Springs, MS

Hi, plantsforpeg! Nice to meet you! Keep in touch and let me know how your garden is doing this summer. Julie

Mobile, AL(Zone 8b)

Hi froggies_girl. I live near the bay in Mobile, Alabama. After 20+ years in apartments and townhomes, I have a house with a big yard again. I feel like I am starting all over again for the learning curve. I listen to Bill Finch every Sunday morning of WKRG 106.5, and am so glad we have Bill to guide us. A lot of the talk has been about tromboncino squash, and I am looking for a good source for seeds for planting next year. I have sago palm seeds for trading if anyone wants.

So far the yard is doing well. Planted a Redbud Tree, and some hibiscus in memorial to my daughter who passed away March 6. And I am preparing existing (picture old and weedy) beds and creating new ones. Glad to know someone in my gardening region.

Thumbnail by lainy_gardens

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.