Fall 2014 Pictures

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

How is your color?

Thumbnail by wha
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

here are some more shots from this week

Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

first two are from the fields down the street and then some jm's

Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha Thumbnail by wha
Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

That color is stunning. Here in the valley color is still very subtle.

Some blooms keep showing up. Thank goodness for the Montauk daisy. Double tuberose finally bloomed. I can't get over how salvia black and blue is totally unfazed by the season. Even Mousme bigleave hydrangea is finally having its show. Someday, Ilex Opaca Dan Fenton will be a great tree, but now it's just cute.

Thumbnail by RosemaryK Thumbnail by RosemaryK Thumbnail by RosemaryK Thumbnail by RosemaryK Thumbnail by RosemaryK
Thomaston, CT

Bill, the colors are awesome! Rosemary, my salvias do best in the cool fall ....I have 6 different ones blooming, including black & blue.....love the tuberose!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

If you could give me a list that includes fall bloomers,Robin, I'll start salvia seeds this winter. The usual suspects like Mainicht are long gone in my garden.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Am sharing a close up of a leaf rose that my grandies and I made. They are 7 and 9 and are very crafty. It was easier to do than I thought it would be.

Thumbnail by Jan23 Thumbnail by Jan23
Thomaston, CT

Those are so cute, Jan! My granddaughters are the same age.....I like to keep them occupied with crafts rather than electronics! Rosemary, I wish I could give you the names of my salvias that are blooming so nicely now, but I don't have any tags.....I did buy them all from Edgewater Farm in Plainfield, NH.....the farm belongs to the daughter of a friend of my late husband.....there are over 20 greenhouses, & some wonderful speacialty plants.....

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

thanks. The idea has taken hold anyway, so I'm alert to new salvias.

Thomaston, CT

They really are welcome color this time of year.....

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

took a bunch of JM fall color pictures follow the link

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1380320/

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Breathtaking, wha!!!!!

Thomaston, CT

I think this has been the best color year for you.....love them all, but the reds are outstanding.....

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

it has been a good year - and there are still some yet to turn - working from home today and the bloodgood out front is even redder than the pictures I took two days ago.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Beautiful on both threads, Bill! Its the combination of the reds and orange tones that I find especially pleasing. Color on my newest acer is only just now beginning to show, so I'm sure it can't all be over yetl.

Thomaston, CT

My no-name JM is yellow....the other 2 I have don't turn fall colors, but stay purple until the leaves fall......

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.