I am so upset

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

I baked a pie yesterday, an awesome Marie Callender's Razzleberry pie that I proceeded to forget and baked it for 2 1/2 hours. Needless to say it was a goner and I gave it to the birds which they haven't even ate it yet. So I bought another today and it turned out great but the (Beef Chuck Shoulder Cross Rib roast) that I bought and cooked exactly like the cookbook said was so tough, sorry, I had to use a butcher knife to cut it. Needless to say I couldn't eat it but my DSH ate two slices.He has much better teeth than me but it took him a while to eat his dinner. Oh well, at least we have some awesome pie and whipped cream if I don't screw up the whipped cream. I have just been in tears. Very very depressed. Cost me $17 for that roast. Can someone please tell me how you would have cooked that roast.

This thread has 115 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!