October Chat Let's see your Fall colors

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

We came from here :
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1374185/#new

I am going to start this so we can all keep sharing our love for Gardening , trading and being friends with each other. It only got down to 40, I just pulled the sheets off the Plumeria .

This message was edited Oct 4, 2014 7:40 AM

Thumbnail by joeswife
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new room, Debra.

Is the photo Leonurus?

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the thread Debra!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new room Debra, that looks like a lions tail plant?

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1048/#b

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Yes.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

41 degrees here this AM, altho they said 43. Brrr---from me and my dog (Dora)

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

its got down to 39* up this way & I still have Brugmasia's in Bloom I need to get them cut this week .
well gotta get off here I"ll BBL

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

39° here now. It will be back in the 80s Wednesday, but I suppose the days will get cooler and cooler from now on. No frost this morning.

What kind of dog is Dora? I put the cats out about 3 or 4 am and they were very ready to come back in when I got up around 6.

I am so ready for college basketball season! Go Cats!!!

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Dora is a chihuahua, the only chihuahua in the world. She sleeps on the back porch in a pet carrier. I cut a hole in the screen so she can go in and out as she pleases. In winter I put a radiant heater under her sleep box unless it is real cold. Then she comes inside for the night. She prefers to be outside and is happy to get back out. She does not bark and is not so nervous as many chihuahuas, and I think it's because she can release a lot of energy having outside access. She is solid black except for one white tiny spot. I can go on and on.....

sounds Like my peanut she is chi/peek-anies :) she will lay out on the porchmorning to night rain or shine , hot or cold I have to force her in when it is very cold she won;t wear her sweather , if i stay in bed so will she ,but as soon as i'm up she is out the door.
zoey's on here way over so u all have a great day bbl

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

DH's aunt and uncle had a chihuahua (Misty) that someone dropped off on their street. Opened their car door and tossed her out. She became so attached to DH's aunt and was always right by her on the sofa. I don't remember where she slept. After being around her, I've always wanted one. Maybe I'll still get one if I can find one that likes cats. :)

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

My mom had a chihuahua named Ginger, and my gma Sue had two of them named smokey and snowball ( u can guess their colors) some day I am going to have a teeny tiny something, as soon as I can figure out to get Joe passed the "no more pets" syndrome. ;)
It is all in, the basement is going to be awsome this year, so happy Joe said it can stay there all year round now..

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Cville, what plant is that? Columnea?

looks like a lovely salvia. beautiful red color.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Yes, it's Pineapple sage (Salvia elegans). It definitely needs to be moved out of that planter box into a larger container or, better yet, the ground. Love it for the hummingbirds.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

O course it is a sage! guess I just had my mind on houseplants!

Well, my starfish plant finally opened, 2nd picture. I also have my first moon flower bloom!

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Nice going, LK. I love Moonflowers. Stapelias too. I've got some of the large buds on mine right now. It's still outside in a protected location, and I'm hoping to beat out the cold weather.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

WOW, you have a bunch of buds! I showed the bloom to hubby this morning, and he said, WOW, that is creepy looking!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Not what most people are expecting from a "flower". :)

sure wish i could do house plants Just gets to dry or to hot, or to cold , mostly to much dust hard to keep up on it living on a dirt road .

well gotta get my day going here you all be well

looks great, LK,. and glad you got a moon flower!

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

LK oh that is so great. I love the weird blooms! So fun. Congratulations.

Natick, MA

LK...gorgeous Moon Flower! Did you grow it from seed this year?

Yes. I grew it from seed, and I thought I would never see it bloom. It took a long to to flower!

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Greetings from FL. Here's a pic and a poem I made!

Thumbnail by goldhillal

Are those little gators? I don't see a poem?

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Those little gators are very cute. Adults, not so cute.

I don't see the poem either but I'd sure like to. :)

what are you going to do with all those gaters when they get HUGE :(

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Forgot to add the poem. Silly me.
The gators are in the 6 Mile Cypress Slough Preserve near Ft. Myers. I certainly ain't bringing none home. Just a-looking. They will survive and grow where i live in east central Alabama. One of y neighbors had a 10 footer get in his back yard pond. His wife told him it was the gator or her, so he got rid of it. I think it was on walkabout and ended (literally) up there.

6 mile Cypress Slough

A selection of gators,
sufficiently small
Could be thrown in a pot
and consume them all.
Be charmed by their cuteness
and one’s wide yawn.
When next you meet
upon the wide lawn,
Who eats who
is a question to ponder,
wait too long,
and the answer is gone.

Nice poem! Glad your not bringing one home!

Thanks for the prayers everyone, she made it through surgery just fine! Now it is time for healing!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Good news, Linda. I know you are relieved.

Love that poem, Crystal. Funny but oh so true. :-/ I wonder if the neighbor hesitated before he made his choice? Just kidding. I saw my first live gators in Florida when I was a child. We used to vacation there a lot. That was the days of the space race and we saw a couple of rocket launches at Cape Canaveral. Very cool. Now our astronauts have to hitch a ride with the Russians. :( Don't get me started on that.

It has finally stopped raining here ... at least until Monday. October, which is usually our driest month, has been very wet so far. We usually only get a couple of inches but they are expecting up to 5" before this current wave of storms is finished on Monday and more the end of the month.

Aster 'Raydon's Favorite' is blooming.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

Hi everyone!! I am home and hope to get my car back from the shop on Monday. I am very tired but so happy to be back. I will post more later. Night all

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Good news, Elfie. Glad to have you back.

Welcome home Kris. Hope you had a good vacation.

welcome home Kris, glad you are back safe and sound.
Love the asters.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks. Love all the shots of your basement, Debra. Our garage is a single car and it's stuffed. Can't get the car in it. I can barely get the rolling plant shelves in there anymore. I really am trying to eliminate some things. Really. :-)

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

Morning everyone! Love all your blooms ladies!

Good morning,,, well my car is still in the shop ;(. So I am being lazy today. I was going to run errands and get food.
Linda,,, I found a site that has thier premo clay for $1.49 a package. I am going to start ordering from them. If you want the link let me know.

I would love the link Kris.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.