MY HAPPY PLACE

western sydney nsw, Australia

Pics.of my yard.
Elaine

Thumbnail by sammut Thumbnail by sammut Thumbnail by sammut Thumbnail by sammut Thumbnail by sammut

I still have my scare crow DON.
Elaine

Thumbnail by sammut Thumbnail by sammut Thumbnail by sammut Thumbnail by sammut Thumbnail by sammut

More

More again Elaine

Still more

these are up the side of the house and my summer kitchen Elained

On the table is a beautiful big lazey susan from my son this morning .
A few out side I seemed to missed Elaine

I store in the B>B>Q 2 small gas hot plates

This is the last lot.

Elaine

Thumbnail by sammut Thumbnail by sammut Thumbnail by sammut

Your Happy Place looks so inviting Elaine. I would love one of those here I might just make it a new project in between other stuff LOL.

So wonderful to see you enjoying your garden ! Oops posted the wrong picture ...sorry Elaine. Beg pardon.
Too early in the morning ...need coffee LOL.

Thanks for the tour ^_^

chrissy

This message was edited oct 3, 2014 6:40

Thumbnail by

Had my coffee ...it was supposed to be this picture Elaine.

Have a gorgeous day !

chrissy

Thumbnail by
West of Brisbane, Australia

So we're using Spanish dates now? (octubre ...) That's different.
Love the name of your garden, Elaine :-)
What strikes me is how tropical your place looks.
Love the pots of succulents strung up around the trunk :-)
With that BBQ and covered seating area, you don't have to heat the house up cooking over summer--cook and eat outside. Nice.

What a hoot !, you have a good eye cestrum !

Perhaps if you start a new Australian Garden in October thread, they may take the hint. ^_^

chrissy

Brisbane, Australia(Zone 10b)

Elaine your happy place looks wonderful, I was impressed with Don the scarecrow and love all the statues dotted about. I don't know how you manage to look after so many plants in pots though, you have them absolutely everywhere and obviously have a great imagination in finding spots for them all. Having a summer kitchen is a great idea too, way better than heating up your house cooking. What a great looking lazy susan from your son, that will be very useful.
Love the brug picture Chrissy, that's a very lovely brug and message. Glad your morning coffee helped. I must need one too as I didn't pick up the octubre, maybe I'm just not very observant.

Magnetic island, Australia

Fantastic Elaine, I would love to have all those ornaments scattered around, love gardens with personality, unfortunately with the potential of cyclones here on the Island they would likely end up as missiles but it doesn't stop me enjoying yours.

Good after noon to all Thanks to all for the nice comments about my happy place I feel it has made the happy feeling enter a lot of hearts and smiles all round.

My summer kitchen has been a God send love the smell of coffee perking away nothing like the smell of Pea and ham soup cooking in winter as your weeding or a roast cooking for lunch.

I dont spend a lot of time watering the pots I have 5 hose some hang on the fence others tied on the trees and things I used a small drill hole above the pots so the water drips to the pot others are on the ground the sprinkler in center waters all the big pots .I only have 2 yard taps so only have to clip and change as I water half are watered from the tank.

I did laught at the idea of features flyin around thate would start a panic UFO's flying .
around the island .
Have to go now the dog heard the Van stop knows its time to be picked up for her walkey.
Elaine..

My new project.
Iam making a seat useing a bed head board and bottom board.
Here is the start.

t 1 is head board standing up-- buckets to hold old cushen
2starting to cut excess wood off
3standing to-gether of to buy wood and bolts to morrow for slates .
Elaine.

What a great idea Elaine, I have some old but very solid Jackson bed heads, I might be able to do something similar. I bought them in 1972 for my son's room, never could bear to throw them away.

chrissy

Magnetic island, Australia

great idea Elaine

Good morning to all,
Chrissy no damage to the gardens after the storm here .
The hard part of making the seat is the start cutting the wood in front I called it the birth of the seat .
Have a great day Elaine.

Thumbnail by sammut Thumbnail by sammut

Hi Mya,
Thanks ---
Your garden is looking beautiful Elaine.

Now I have the wood --
I have bolted the frame
to day I am cutting the wood to make the seat. Elaine

Another storm this arvo they say Elaine, so good luck and I am so glad you had no damage.

chrissy

Good morning to all ,
Cold Cold and wet here and snow on the mountains Earth Mother is not happy .

Well the King size chair is finished even made a foot rest on wheels for when shoes are kicked of
Only a trip to Clark Rubber -- useing 2 pillows for now.
Elaine.

Brisbane, Australia(Zone 10b)

Elaine your big chair looks very like it will be a very comfortable place to sit back and relax in.
Your weather sounds horrid especially as it is supposed to be spring and warming up. I hope your garden will not suffer too much damage.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.