Newbie hello from St Louis

Saint Louis, MO

Hi all! new member to Dave's garden, thanks for the invite to the forum greenbrain :)

I live in St Louis city proper and a newbie gardener, focusing on MO natives for benefit of the birds, bees, butterflies, etc. Was the lucky recipient of the STL Wild Ones Landscape Challenge front yard native garden in fall 2013, and have been working on maintaining that as well as getting rid of all of the turf in the backyard and replacing with natives.

guess that's all for now...
Dawn

suburban K.C., MO(Zone 6a)

Welcome, Dawn. We love Betty (Greenbrain). That would be a nice award. The award for the front yard here would be the most shadiest and barren front yard on the block!
Cool, a new member, DG loves new members and so do we! That's a nice project for your yard, would love to see a pic.
Will

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Hi Dawn, are you anywhere near Missouri Botanical Garden? When you have time please join us on the October 2014 thread that will be started after midnight by me; unless Will beats me to it! lol

Will, if you don't beat me, I'm using the spider photo!

Dawn, we'd all love to see any pics that you'd like to share of your garden, yard, favorite plants or projects. Which other forums have you visited? I usually visit these forums during the winter months when I'm not so busy gardening: Native Plants and Wild Plants, Organic Gardening, Heirloom Vegetables, Roses, Saving Seeds, Cottage Gardening, Sustainable Alternatives, and Hummingbird and Butterfly Gardening. Regardless, I try to visit the CMW Gardening forum daily year round.

Your using a spider photo huh, Betty? I can't stay up until midnite, I'm too tired. If I get up in the nite and it's not started yet, I may start it. I was only kidding! People are free to use whatever photo they want. I don't claim to be anybody's boss. I'll live with it, it's not like I'm going to boycott the site or anything! lol

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Just found this thread. I missed it earlier. lol

Welcome Dawn!! I love native plants and have been slowly incorporating more of them every year.

Saint Louis, MO

I will join y'all over there :)

I am only about 10 min from the botanical garden and will find some pics to post of all of the projects. So many projects!

C'mon over there!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.