She's about to... Fall is upon us!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

New room everyone! Post whats still blooming in your area!
We came from here... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1362823/

Sunflowers, Hibiscus, Pride of Barbados's, and Mexican petunias.

This message was edited Sep 29, 2014 7:00 AM

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55

Does anyone know what the last two plants/weeds are?

I also have pretty pink four o'clocks blooming.

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55
mulege, Mexico

The middle picture (blue flowers) looks like wild morning glory. kb

They do look like them, but this is a really short plant, maybe 3 inches tall, and does not vine. It grows in little clumps.

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

maybe Ruellia squarrosa, a creeping groundcover or Ruellia nudiflora

http://www.austinbug.com/larvalbugbio/ruellia.html

Jean, I think that is it. Thanks!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Very pretty. Love the color of the flowers LK. I have lots of the hardy geraniums. Love them too. I am out of blossoms. Have been moving and splitting things. Making it look more beautiful. Fall is so beautiful around here right now. Been in the seventies latley. Tomorrow the sixties. Then down from there.

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

You are most welcome LK...just sort of a guess based on shape...Grin

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Morning all. Hows is everyone? I am getting ready for work. It is in the low fifties here this morning yesterday was only 46. That was chilly. We even got some nice rain overnight. Thurs and friday ssuppose to get llts of rain. We do eed it. I just moved llts of things to so the rain will be welcomed to me.

That is pretty cool!
Guess it will be getting cool here too pretty soon. Usually the end of October.

AmandaEsq has the 2014 Fall Round Robin Interest Thread OPEN:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1377649/

October Birthday card swap open
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1377798/

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

uhm, I am awake, about to go to bed, and realized I lost you all. Now I can sleep.

Glad you found us! And I love your picture!

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Pretty darn cute lap warmer, Debra.

Julie has the Christmas Swap 2014 open, come and check it out!
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1378821/

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

LK you are sood at letting us know whats open. I really do not look around so much. Thanks. I will have to look it up. I am watching my sweet little DGD today. So I am a very happy grandma.... Yes I love being called grandma. She is fighting sleep alittle but slumbering right now. She likes to rock on her tummy laying on your knees.

Thumbnail by gardenlady123

I saw that on Facebook, she is so precious!

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

gardenlady she is precious! What a sweet face!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks I would have to agree with that!!! So sweet. I love it when she puckers up her little lips and pouts.

she is an Angel, I am glad u r a Grandma! ')
LK, please call me at work today?
1-316-688-6400 ask for Debra

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

I love wee lip trembles.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Debra love the pic of you and a grand baby? So adorable.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Hi everyone. I have been so busy. I took the H&R blocck tax classes. It would of been fun and great IF I would of taken the normal tax course which goes from Aug to Dec. But OH NO I wanted to take the course that is condensed 4 weeks! Holy Cow.....school 3 days a week 8 hours a day and homework all the rest of the days. Final was Friday and I have my life back....yeah!

You all have been busy and some great pics posted.
What beautiful Grand babies everyone has I love the pics that GardenLady and Debra both posted, they are so cute! Grand babies are soooo much fun.

Everyone getting ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas? Who all goes out on Black Friday. Everything is getting so messed up with the stores doing such stupid stuff on Thanksgiving! I was one of the crazy ones who LOVED Black Friday.

I am making doll or going to try to make doll clothes for the DGD's American Girl doll. I thought I would buy some but learned QUICKLY that the doll clothes were more expensive than my clothes....rofl. Anyone ever made doll clothes I will accept any suggestions.

I am going to try tye dying also, anyone done that? Glad I have lots of time. lol. My great nieces want tye dyed shirts...lol and they are too expensive to buy since it seems they are just cotton shirts with tye... ;)

Hey there. Sounds like you have been very busy.
I have never made doll clothes. I used to tie dye shirts years ago. Go to you tube, there should be lots of videos there.

I started sewing when I was a girl and made my own doll clothes. Simplicity and McCalls both have several patterns for the American Girl Dolls. I f you have never made them before, a pattern might be the best way to go.I used to cut my own patterns by tracing around the dolls on paper. But that was before a lot of patterns were readily available. I looked on Ebay and There are all kinds of patterns you can get.
But like LK said you might check Youtube for tutorials on sewing doll clothes.

Hi Ya all, I have been working like crazy, my back is still healing, and still waiting until Paula gets all settled in her new house in san Antonio before we go down there, can't wait. Meanwhile, I had some Emma time yesterday and then the girls came over today and took me out ugh it was cold, gray, windy and yukky, but they had a good time in the bustling crowded stores they dragged me to.
I have never made doll clothes, used to do tye dyes, but could not tell ya how, but sure sounds fun.
got the basement all loaded up.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Give me heads up when your headed this way Debra! Can't wait to see you! Love your basement.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Joyce, I actually have American Girl doll patterns but they are the older ones. My DGD now 32 wanted and got Samantha and one other, I can't remember her name now. (In a lack of sleep fog). If you would be interested, I can see IF I can find them. At the time they were expensive but much, much less than buying the clothes. I made them to match the originals as much as possible.

Debra, your basement looks my Garage, an indoor Jungle! lol My guys complain about the plants being in their way, but I mostly ignore them (the guys not the plants) If I put all my plants in the basement we couldn't walk through it. lol I have 2 banana trees that are over 9 feet tall, that won't fit in the basement, anymore.
You gotta do whatever it takes to get those plants through the winter, right?

Those are tall nanner trees! Do you get banana's from them? Have you ever planted them in the ground. They all come back here the next year.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

No nanner trees here. They certainly would not come back after our winters. Outdoors that is.

Our growing season isn't really long enough to get bananas, but they will bear fruit. I have had them bloom and grow tiny bananas about as long as my fingers. These are "Thousand Fingers" Banana Trees. I don't plant them outside in the ground because they are so hard to dig up in the Fall. They are in large pots. If you want to grow bananas for larger fruit, "Grand Nain" is the variety that Chiquita uses for theirs. Once the banana tree blooms and bears fruit ,it dies. But usually produces several pups to replace the Mother tree. There are several varieties that grow edible fruit. I also have Cavendish Dwarf, Poquito, Little Prince, and a hardy Basjoo Japanese Fibre Banana, not edible.

Joe loves the big banana tree so much he digs it up and drags it down to the basement where it sits in the pump sump well which gives us about 3 1/2 extra ft to keep it in. the smaller bananas are all in pots. I went down there the other day to find the slamon ( or peach) double hibiscus all in bloom, the kings mantle and the poodle hibiscus blooming. It sure is easy for me to get to, that is for sure. I don't have the heart to tell Joe the banan will die if it sets fruit. LOL
There is a house around the corner that they have their banana planted outside against the brick house, facing east, and it comes back every year more like a shrub instead of a tree. It grew two new ones this year, I keep a close watch over it, as we put a pup outside in the same location this year to over winter and see if we can get the same effect. Joe isn't too hopeful.

Maybe if you put mulch on top of it, it will come back?

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Beautiful plants everyone. I have been neglecting mine... ;( I have sewn a Christmas skirt (like the old poodle skirt) but with a tree and packages. It was fun made out of felt. I made a tank, top, jacket, and tights. Sure hope they fit, I heard the dolls are different sizes.

Glad you are feeling better Deb. Debra you have the best setup in your basement. I have to haul water out to the garden room so that should tell you how bad my plants are. Debra I use to have those bananas that were suppose to overwinter can't think of the name. When I find some more I will get you one and try it. I think you are warmer than me.

I wasnt going to get out decorations until after Thanksgiving but I am getting out every decoration and putting it up or it is finding a home that loves it. I am sitting and staring at a 2003 Lenox for the holidays Lenox Florentine & Pearl Jeweled Santa With Lit Tree. It is beautiful but I am an old time Christmas girl, bright red and bright green. ;(

Joyce, that Santa sounds pretty.

I have not decorated yet, but I told Todd the other day, I am not going to wait till Christmas eve to put up the tree. He hates decorations!

So does Joe, LK, and I am hoping we are going to SanAntonio for Christmas LOL

I can't wait to see you. Let me know the dates when you plan your trip.

What is it about men and Christmas decorations anyway? You girls need to get those guys Grinch T-shirts for Christmas, lol.
Some of my trees stay up year round, like the Barbie tree. It used to be in the "Barbie" room before the grandkids arrived. I have converted that room into a little more kid friendly room and packed up a lot of my collectibles to keep them safe from curious little fingers. lol Lucy my middle one would have the tags off off everything. She can't stand to have a tag hanging on anything. With collectibles it is important to leave all the original packaging intact. So I thought it best to remove the items and also the temptation.

I have a grandson that way, no tags on anything, not even his clothes!

LK Your grandson and my Lucy have much in common!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.