Fairy Garden Swap: The Showing of the Gardens

Ocean Springs, MS

New thread to show how we make our fairy gardens! Please continue to chat and share ideas! We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1374436/#new
Names are listed to post players and winners!

Froggies_Girl:

Joycet:

Taters55:

SpGardens: Winner 2

Jordankittyjo:

Moonjala:

Syrumani: Winner 1

Rose318:

Happgarden:

Domehomedee:

Nanny23:

Badcat:

DeeJay9:

FloGro:

Cheermom:

Jokenna:

Mittsy:

This message was edited Sep 25, 2014 1:55 PM

This message was edited Oct 8, 2014 3:42 PM

Ocean Springs, MS

WE ARE STARTING A NEW GAME! HERE ARE THE RULES!
1. Each day, I will post a question. You may use Google/Bing, etc. to try to find the answer.
2. If you think you have the correct answer, DMAIL the answer to me.
3. Every 2 days, I will draw a winner from those who had the correct answers. Your name will stay in the "hat" for future drawings.
4. When you win, you may still play the game, but you are not eligible to win again!
5. I want a chance to win, too, so if anyone wants to post a few questions, just let me know! LOL
6. Mittsy is offering some prizes for "fairy food." Linda Kay is offering some things (she will post pictures later). Babette and I are offering prizes, too! I will post pics of mine soon. Unless otherwise stated, the winner is responsible for paying shipping!

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

I found ya

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

I found you too...

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

oh froggie Ill post some questions for you....lol do they have to be fairy related????? hahaha

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

I'm up for a new game!

Ocean Springs, MS

Yes, Badcat, they do have to be fairy related! And just for that, you get to post the first question!!!! HAHA! C'mon, give us a good one!

The prizes I'm offering are Halloween related...one is a set of 3 miniature gargoyles, one is a haunted house about 4" tall, and the last is a gate about 3 x 3" with gargoyles. I'll post pics later.

Now, Badcat, what's the question!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you can't do it, just let me know!

South Lake Tahoe, CA(Zone 6a)

Here is a sample of the new mushrooms the winners can choose from
1. Leopard style! (set of two)
2. Double decker large rainbow w/RED top
3. Double decker large spotted w/GREEN top
4. Jumbo Blue also have Double decker blue w/ BLUE top
5. Double decker green w/GREEN top

and so many more smaller mushrooms....will post when I get a chance

Thumbnail by SPGardens Thumbnail by SPGardens Thumbnail by SPGardens Thumbnail by SPGardens Thumbnail by SPGardens
Ocean Springs, MS

Very cute, Babette! Love that leopard one!

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

idk lol i forgot!

Cute babette!

Ocean Springs, MS

OK, I'll post the first question (answer the joke).

QUESTION: WHAT DO YOU CALL A NORMAL FAIRY?

Dmail your answers to me, please! Hint: The answer rhymes with the word "fairy."

Have fun!

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Pictures of Fairy food. You may choose which finished one you'd like plus two unfinished to paint yourself. They are cast from Dental plaster and painted with craft paint. The pie crust is either Sculpey or Fimo clay. Winners will be given a choice of one extra unlisted cake. Bundt cake, pineapple upside down cake, banana cream pie. frosted layer cake, pumpkin pie, chocolate cream pie, or cherry cheesecake. Extra, choice of heart or birthday.

Thumbnail by mittsy
Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Oh my! Those are amazing!!

Mittsy, those are awesome!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Ok, I have some pictures. I had tons of fun putting this together! Thank you again. Kathy for all you sent me!

Thumbnail by joycet Thumbnail by joycet Thumbnail by joycet Thumbnail by joycet Thumbnail by joycet

That looks awesome!

Ocean Springs, MS

Joycet, that is absolutely gorgeous! Love it!

Thanks, Mittsy, for posting your prizes!

This is a prize for one of you to choose from! Or I will make a dragon of your choice of color with some mushrooms!

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55

Mittsy ~ those pies + cake look so good! So-o-o- cute!
And you are welcome to name my dragon in the contest I am having..

Joycet - gorgeous fairy display....

Taters ~ I love your creations!.....I will be setting up our large strawberry planter in the sunroom with the witch and pumpkins you also sent me....as soon as I find my smart card for my camera I will take photos..... I probably dropped it outside and now it is completely drenched in rain/hail.....its still raining here.... will be until Monday....

This message was edited Sep 26, 2014 7:10 AM

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I watered all morning. We're not expecting rain until Tuesday or Wednesday.

Thanks for looking at the little kingdom!

Love it, LK!!

Thanks for the compliments, I'm working on cake boxes, need to find some cellophane for the box window.

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy
Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

So cute!

That is so cute!

Ocean Springs, MS

Mittsy, that is so darn cute!

LK, love your creations! Really like the dragon! My oldest daughter (31 years old now) had a "see and say" when she was little that said the numbers. When it landed on "1", it would say "One Purple Dragon." i made her a ceramic purple dragon Christmas ornament that year and it was hung on the tree every year until 2005 when Katrina took everything. Looking at your dragon made me remember that. Bittersweet memory because we would still have it now if Katrina hadn't ruined everything. BUT the memory is cherished! ♥

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Mittsy $1.00 store here has the plastic that laminates your SS Cards ID cards would that type work for you they are 3x3 's or 4x4's squares not sure how many to a pack .

I checked the recycle bin and found a nice clear plastic tray. Works fine.

(Tracy) Lk Pan, FL(Zone 9a)

My niece playing with my fairy goodies! Julie, that is your house that she's embellishing!

Thumbnail by FloGro

She looks seriously engrossed!

(Tracy) Lk Pan, FL(Zone 9a)

She's in a zone alright! We stayed up half the night creating, and she went right back at it as soon as she woke up! Can't wait to show you guys the finished product...it's going to be amazing!! She has so much talent and just 13 yrs old! You should see what she can do with architectural software! ....wow...

Post photos when you can Tracy.

< < < is a photo of the fairy house I sent to Froggie...
Would love to see what Froggie has created for her Halloween Scene
:-)

This message was edited Sep 27, 2014 11:07 AM

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Here's my before photo. I gave up on it this summer because puppy kept eating everything..fixed that turd up with cayenne pepper.

Thumbnail by badcat
BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

With annettes plants...still have to decorate

Thumbnail by badcat
Ocean Springs, MS

Tracy, she is talented! And so helpful. May I borrow her for a few days? LOL

Badcat, looking good! Ready to see the decorations!

I'm going to upload pics before I forget! Right now!

Ocean Springs, MS

Ok, The first photo is the fairy house Babette sent me. It will go in my outdoor fairy garden.

Other photos show my daughter's Halloween garden! The gate in the front, the miniature gargoyles, and one of the houses is what I'm offering for game prizes. Journee loves her garden! Halloween is her favorite holiday! We got all of the decor, moss, and pot at the dollar store!

Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

Now pics of my 3 little sprites!

Liam 6-years-old
Caden 8-months-old
Elani 6-months-old

My sweet grandbabies!

Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl Thumbnail by froggies_girl

I love all the little gardens coming together. I need to find a place for mine!

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

The gardens are looking good! And such sweet faces on those GBs Julie!
I need to get out there and get busy on my Fairy Garden!

Ocean Springs, MS

Liam is my heart! ♥ Oh, how I love him! Don't get me wrong, I love the others, but I helped raise Liam for almost 2 years! He's more like my son than grandson!

Caden is so smart! Already trying to walk! Growing too fast!

Elani is my little leprechaun! She has red hair and blue eyes, and she is full of mischief! We just got her a walker and she is all over the house!

I will be Nanny again next April... Elani will have a younger sibling. They will be just one year apart. I think I'm in trouble! LOL Nah, I had three babies in three years, so I can handle it! LOL

Beautiful GC's... Teach them early how to garden and grow peas.....or a Chia Head is always fun.....
When I was their age, I was playing in the sandbox in the greenhouse and learning straight from the gardener how to grow by seed...I'm still doing it today... :-) ... well in the Spring/summer.... today it was rain with a mix of hail... sometimes the size of a quarter......I have so much to plant.....it snowed at Kirkwood Ski Resort today....I miss cross county skiing..... Oh, it will be here in no time!....

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Babatte, I too was playing in the sand in the greenhouse at that age. Only it wasn't the gardner teaching me how to grow things, it was my parents. We owned a modest glass greenhouse and flower shop. And it has stuck with me as well. I was born with a love for flowers and raising plants, but I feel certain my early experience in the greenhouse and my Grandmother's garden was a huge influence on my becoming so passionate about growing things. There is not a day that goes by that I don't thing about those times.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.