CLOSED: Oct Witchy & Spookie Swap

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Ok now that i have a free avatar for this swap now the fun can
begin .

the Witching Hour will soon Be here Ghost ,& witches Tricks & Treats hope you all will Join in on the Fun .

Anything Fall & Or Halloween That you can share with your Partner. ,
If you do not do Plants Just Say " No Plants" You can still Join us for the bewitching Fun :)

If you want a few Bewitching Plants say "Plants" . just send at lease
one Plant with reference to Halloween or Autumn colors like Muns.

Mail out by Oct 18 th , this gives many of the colder states to get plants in the ground .If you are sharing Plants so Start Looking for those Ghostly or bewitching plants or a Grueling monster High potions for your special partner .

Thumbnail by deejay9

PLAYERS

Deejay9 : PLANTS
Froggies_girls : PLANTS
Gardenlady123 : NO PLANTS
Goldhillal : PLANTS
Happgarden : PLANTS
Poisondartfrog : PLANTS
Nanny23 :NO PLANTS

This message was edited Sep 30, 2014 5:07 PM

Ocean Springs, MS

I'm in but I only want PLANTS or Halloween decor for my daughter's fairy garden, please. I also have at least 2 "bewitching" plants to share plus some Halloween decor, maybe more! No mums or crotons, please! I always manage to kill them! :( I love Brach's candy corn and autumn mix candy!
If no one can do a swap with me for these things, I understand. If you can, please let DJ know so it will still be a surprise for me!

This message was edited Sep 20, 2014 8:24 PM

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

I would love to do this swap. Really have enough plants so no plants for me. I really do not want to send any plants out either. Just want to do decorations for someone. Thanks. Will be fun. Ronna

Welcome ladies just got home allot to get caught up on:)

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

I like plants and sweets. And, o yeah, I wanna join.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

I want to join.

I can send at least one plant with a halloween name and some other cool stuff....!

Welcome Joyce Will add your name to the list in the morning I'm on my way to BINGO Tonight with the girls :) been awhile .
so you all have a great eve . Back in the morning .

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Oh, believe me I like some sweets too....

Ocean Springs, MS

My daughter and i put together her Halloween garden and she loved doing it and she is so proud! Will post pics of it later!

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Sign me up. I prefer to send and receive a spooky plant or two.
Alana

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Please sign me up! Plants, but no mums, I'm bad with those too LOL!

Sue G

Ocean Springs, MS

Woohoo! Got plant trading buddies signing up! YES! I already have 3 bewitching plants ready for the box!

gm & welcome under the weather yesterday & today , but hope this is just a 24-48 hr bug so i can get back in my garden. just wanted to let you know that I will add your names later when i get on my desk top this notebook not easy to use . hot & cold chills so back to warm bed.
hope to be back soon .

Well one plant minium but of course if I go shopping who know....whooooooo!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

There you go again, happ. Cracking me up.... lol.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

If I am the only one not sending out plants I may have one to send. I may have one I can send. Do they have to be garden plants?? But I really do not want to recieve any. Sorry. I am full to the gills.

Ok under the weather here cold in my chest Now so I maybe off here for a day or 2 till this passes .

Looks as if we might need a few Nonplant players try to recruit a few while I'm down.

Ocean Springs, MS

Deejay, praying for you! The plants I have are houseplants (tropicals).

I can do without plants actually. So make me non-plant! Please sorry !

At this point it might be scarier to get a plant cause I have a GIANT mess.

I manged to trip over the hose I was carrying and fell on the stoop edge with my rib so I am a tiny bit sore, and I have dug up a giant flower bed and have plants sitting all over, stooping down is out of the question right now. Makes gardening a problem course if I could just fall down at the right place I could just lay there and it would work out except don't know how I would ever get up...lol

Thumbnail by happgarden

Happ your as Bad As me I Did that one year & it did no good to put down any news paper or the black tarp for the Roots still grew faster & Stronger under it . I told myself the same thing you told yourself I can kill the new sprouts with a killer .
NOTJust pot your plants put a weed killer on the area tarp it will Spring & you will see what I'm telling you.
I Have over 6-8 inches of MULCH on my beds & weeds are still coming up through.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Yes I was battling with to send or not to send any plants. I really do not want plants either. Sorry for the back and forth wishy washy thing. But no plants for me either. My house is so full for the winter season. Just like the yard. Thanks. Morning all. Going to be a beautiful day to be on vacation!!! Look in later. Ronna

Yeap I figured that would be the problem Deejay. I need a spot I can move all this stuff to.Way too many to pot up...ughhhh! ;(

Ocean Springs, MS

Oh, Happ, I'm saying a prayer for all of you! I'm still hurting from falling backwards on the steps in June! Fell right on my butt on a concrete stepping stone. Hands were full and couldn''t catch myself. Pulled a muscle or something in my lower back. Stubborn me would not go to ER. They would have just given me a muscle relaxer (most of them wire me) or pain pills (I'm allergic to some and can't take ibuprofen because of my colitis), so I tough it out with lots of tylenol and heating pad! But I hope you can find a temporary plan for the garden until next spring.
I am sending tropical/indoor plants, so I hope someone who has said they want plants can let deejay know if they want to be my buddy. I'd like to receive daylilies, brug cuttings, plumeria cuttings, tropicals, indoor plants, etc. in return. I will be filling the box for my buddy with some of their other likes, so it won't be just plants!

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Sorry for the mishap happ. Susie, is your cold improving? I hope you are feeling better.

yes just aches & pains :( or is this Old age that comes with every day living ?? :)
I'm turning in early tonight so good night all .

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Sleep is the best medicine, Susie. Take care.

ty rona , but I Cannot lay around I feel worse when I do lotsa water & coffee :) fresh Pumpkin Donuts made last night :)
Just took 4 loafs of bread out of the oven & made some cinn rolls , No they are not all for me :)
They are for the Neighbor I cook for . got to take them up there soon so you all have a great day .

Oh my I would of eaten them all! Sounds wonderful on this dark, rainy morning.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Those sound so good! Wish I was your neighbor! :)

Ya Know I'm very happy That I'm not the one eating them Or I would be the one with a walker . I tell them they should not be eating That stuff but its their money for their food their Health . Not cooking for them tonight they want Pizza .

So I'm Haven left over Spaghetti Squash With Lotsa Veggies & sauce over top :) then off to BINGO

We eat spaghetti squash has anyone used that peeler thing they said you can use zucchini as spaghetti?

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

What are you saying about a peeler thing? Not understanding that, happ. Does anyone else see all the

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

I've heard of this tool that turns squash into spaghetti like shreds, but have used nor even seen one. I bet they will be the rage for Christmas. Remember when everyone got a Fly Daddy or a Fry Baby for Christmas?

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Saw the shredder you are talking about, but Can't remember where. Walmart maybe? Try Ebay.

I made the "Bob Harper " Spagetti Squash Recipe that I Found on Rachel Rays web site MMMMM Good .
I could eat it daily :) well maybe not .
I have not seen the Peeler , but if ya find it would love to see it . Gee can ya believe only 6 more days till Oct ?
seems like we just started spring & here it is fall :) I see xmas items out in a few stores & we haven't even had Holloween yet .
well off for more coffee & red the rest of the forums.

I think they are called spiral vegetable cutter.
This site did a few comparison on them also some recipes.
http://steamykitchen.com/27754-vegetable-spiralizer-comparison-video.html

Ocean Springs, MS

I wasn't raised on "winter" squash, but my mom and dad grew the summer varieties and froze them. I love zuchinni, yellow, and white squash, but just don't care for others. But DJ, I sure wish I knew how to bake like you!

Julie it easy just as easy as reading a recipe :) hehe I use allot of Mom & Grandma's cook books that I have but mostly off the Internet also :) The Kids want me to make my Potato Donuts. so will probable do that this weekend .
well off to get super for the neighbor so BBL

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Yummy, love squash. Especially the acorn and butternut!!!! Of course the summer squashes too. Not a huge fan of those baby patty pan tho. Tried them once. Not all that. I really want some now. Maybe tomorrow going for a little fall activities and Gull meadow farms. Should be fun. Any more signees on the swap?? I have bought a few thjngs for who ever I get.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.