CLOSED: CLOSED: seed for red yucca

Center, TX

Hi, I am also looking for red yucca seeds. Let me know if interested. Alda

Rancho Santa Rita, TX(Zone 8a)

NOT SURE WHAT YOU MEAN... ?

Center, TX

Well, red yucca is a plant that is like the common yucca but it has red spikes instead of the usual white. It is smaller in size. That's about all I know also. alda

Rancho Santa Rita, TX(Zone 8a)

yes, its hesperaloe.

But are you wanting seed, or
to purchase, or share or ???

Center, TX

Sorry, but I will pay postage or trade if I have anything that you are looking for. Sorry I did not make that clear. Alda

(Becky), Lipan, TX(Zone 7b)

Hiya :))
I have hesperaloe parviflora seed, send me a SASE and it's yours, or tempt me with something if you prefer.. I'm easy! Lol

Center, TX

I need your add. Thanks, Alda

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Hey there, Alda !

Hesperaloe parviflora

Red Yucca, also Red-flower False Yucca

With the usual postage you can get more than forty in a bubble envelope.

Thumbnail by LazLo
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

I am hoping to start getting flower spikes from the yellow-flowering variety I planted in fall 2013.

That will exciting.

Center, TX

Oh Lazlo, I am so glad you have some. I saw them last summer at a motel but they were just blooming. I got your Moi Grande today. I will have an env in the mail as soon as I go to the Post Off, Thanks, Alda P.S. If you have some of the yellow to share, remember me.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

The yellow variety won't be available until 2015 . . . I will give a go at getting a cutting started for you from my plant.

around here it is easy to get seeds for the red-flower false yucca because they are planted on so many road medians around here.

Hi Alda, I sent my address via Dmail if you still want the seeds :)

Laz I started some yellow flowered hesperaloe also, but I am so impatient waiting for them to grow.. Did you say you can root cuttings?? Can you elaborate?? That sounds sooo much better!!

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Quoting:
. . . I will give a go at getting a cutting started for you from my plant.

I will be experimenting with how to do it in my patio growhouse over the winter. Nothing guaranteed.

Thumbnail by LazLo

Please keep me posted on how it goes w the cuttings.. Although I can't guarantee I won't still start these from seeds again this winter.. They are easy to grow that way, just slooooow :))

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.