change this ee name to spot?

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Brought in my tropicals and this ee is getting spots!
I have had ee's for years and never had these. Any help will e appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Can;t find any bugs. They are green when the spots appear and then turn yellow.

Thumbnail by happgarden Thumbnail by happgarden
Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

What does the top of the leaf look like? From what I can tell it looks like an old leaf in the first photo so I would cut it off and discard. How are the rest of the leaves on the plant?

1st pic is the front of a leaf still on the plant
2nd pic is the same leaf with the light showing thru it
3rd pic is the backside of the same leaf
4th pic is the whole plant

Thumbnail by happgarden Thumbnail by happgarden Thumbnail by happgarden Thumbnail by happgarden

I usually cut off my leaves when I see them yellowing or have some damage on them. As for the spotting I wonder if that is a water or mineral deficiency - I see that often on some of my begonia leaves so I just cut them off and the plant will soon put on some new ones.

Are the spotted leaves the older ones on the plant? I hope they aren't the newest leaves.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole Thumbnail by hcmcdole

I have new ones that are fine, and a new one that wasn't .
I probably had 3 bad leaves total. I have lots of ee's but never had spots. Maybe they are bruises from moving it in. Seems to be only on one side....possible?

I would say it is possible the move indoors put some stress on the leaves. I took some photos of mine today but didn't see spots like yours. Do you let yours die down for winter?

I have quite a few too. This is my biggest pot and I have maybe five different types in there and requires water at least once a day, sometimes twice a day. I need to put this in a small pond!

First two photos show leave front and back (same leaf), the full pot (front), another leaf that is yellowing front and back. I will be cutting those off maybe tomorrow or Sunday.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole Thumbnail by hcmcdole Thumbnail by hcmcdole Thumbnail by hcmcdole Thumbnail by hcmcdole

No most of the time I let the ee's grow all winter. My black ee is REALLY unhappy. We have gotten cold and it has been cloudy for 3 days now. The ee's are use to being out in the sun and warm. We went from about 95 to 40. Could have frost tonight.... ;(

I have found 3 more leaves with spots.

Wow - that is cold. I hope we have another six weeks of warm to hot weather before bringing all my plants indoors for winter. I let mine die down last winter in their pots - it did help on my space problem though.

I put the two biggest pots in our storage room to begin with very dim lighting. But before Xmas I had to move them to another room so we could have access to the decorations.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

this is how it started all empty, this is how it is now.
this does not include the solar room. Which I was hoping to leave some room to sit in. lol
Down to 37 last night.

Thumbnail by happgarden Thumbnail by happgarden

It doesn't take long to fill, does it? Especially with larger plants. Wow, 37 tonight? I hear our neighbor's mower going right now and we are still in shorts and sandals with the AC going. This would be a shock to my system if I had to bring everything in right now.

Here is one of my rooms in the basement last winter.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

Nice basement! Wish I had a basement. I have a room but a basement would give me alot more room. Yeap think I am going to have to start cutting.

My basement is full of plants for winter though with barely enough room to do much else. Keeps me busy though.

Some of my cuttings in winter.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole Thumbnail by hcmcdole Thumbnail by hcmcdole Thumbnail by hcmcdole Thumbnail by hcmcdole

Beautiful! Begonias I love them, they HATE me! Can't tell u the number of them that have died in my hands.... those and gardinas I won't buy any more because I feel so bad about it...lol

Do you have problems with mites or mealy bugs? When I try to overwinter coleus I have trouble with mealy bugs. Coleus seems to be the only plant I have that problem with.

Virginia Beach, VA

Wow!!! very spacious basement!! I had a basement in Rhode Island but it was a rec room and guest room. I do not have a basement with this house but my tropicals occupies the sun room.

I get help digging all my EE and are stored in garage bare roots. The p[lumerias and bananas also goes in buckets and are in garage.
It's getting cold here too high 70's

Belle

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.