Brug problem?

Mifflintown, PA(Zone 6a)

I don't have a picture, the tops of several of my plants have curled down leaves. I checked but cant see any thing..Any suggestions or ideas.

Indiantown, FL

You might have broadmites, they are microscopic so you can't see them just the effects. Avid or Forbid will kill them. you can try natural sprays but usually they don't work as well because broadmites bury themselves in the tissue of the growing tips.

Mifflintown, PA(Zone 6a)

Thanks, I am getting close to moving them inside, will they spread to my other plants? Can they be controlled?

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

Did many of you folks have an unnaturally poor bloom this summer. I've only had 1 of about 8 to really bloom well. We did go through hot and dry and then cold and rainy, each for weeks at a time.
I'm also surprised to not see many cuttings being swapped at this time...........Betty

Fabens, TX(Zone 8a)

I had only three blooms on one this year. Plants seem to be doing well but we had a very hot summer, hope they will put on a few next month like they did last year.

Long Beach, CA

My blooms did not flourish. This is my first year with most of them. I thought it might be they youngness of the plant.

Natick, MA

I am starting with cuttings this year, and have (2) that were generously shared with me. Looking for any suggestions/advice. I have brought one to my office where I plan to feed/water it (vs. let it go dormant) all winter, in hopes of blooms next year. The 2nd, I dont know if I should let it go dormant over the winter, or keep in a storage room that runs hot all winter due to the furnace being in that same room. Any input? Will it grow/do OK with relatively warm heat in a room with some northern light? Or am I better of letting it go dormant and starting fresh in the spring and just wont get blooms?

I don't think it would go dormant in that warm room. So if it is in there, it would need watering or it would die.

Natick, MA

No, I know it wouldn't go dormant in the warm/hot room....but would it live/thrive in that temp..or should I just put it in the garage/basement (above 40) and let it go dormant?

This message was edited Oct 8, 2014 3:15 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.