Hosta ID needed

(Sallie) Cherry Vall, IL(Zone 5a)

I hate buying plants with missing info on the tags, but this one was cute, and different from the other mini Hostas I've bought. It was sold as a "Fairy Garden Plant". It's in a 2 1/2" wide pot. The largest leaves are 1 1/2" long and very thick for the size of the plant.

Thumbnail by SallieKr
Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

It looks to me as though it might be one of the 'Blue Mouse Ears' sports. There are several with white centres and they can be hard to tell apart - as well most of mine have sported to solid blue. But check out the family at myhostas.be in their list of sports. They have them colour coded.

(Sallie) Cherry Vall, IL(Zone 5a)

Thank you Viola. I'm sure this is a very young plant and may look completely different next summer, but I found a nearly identical photo on an online site which sells small & mini Hostas: Holy Mouse Ears. I also have Blue Mouse Ears and Frosted Mouse Ears, so I'm hoping the ID is correct... they're all so cute!

Wow! I checked the site you recommended. Blue Mouse Ears sports go on forever. Hopefully I'll get some interesting ones myself, as I have 6 of them- just planted this spring.

Photos are the Frosted and Blue varieties.

Thumbnail by SallieKr Thumbnail by SallieKr

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.