Found a Featherweight at a yard sale!

Chuckey, TN(Zone 6b)

Our local area has a 23 mile yard sale down one long road each year the second weekend in Sept. This is the first year I have been able to convince DH to go. About mid way through he motioned me over to a table where there were two old sewing machines for sale. I spotted the small black case first and when I looked inside was shocked to see a Featherweight in remarkably good condition. I asked the lady running the sale if it worked and how much it was expecting to have it priced way out of my range. She said she wasn't sure if it worked and that it was $10.00. I tried not to look shocked knowing that she had no idea of it's potential value and quickly paid her. When I got it home I plugged it in and Taaaa Daaaah, it works! Needs to have the latches on the case fixed, a good cleaning, and a new foot pedal but I can do all of that without a problem. Made my day! Funny thing is after spotting this machine I completely blanked out on the other machine. Could have been something valuable but I will never know.

This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!