September Birthday card swap

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Happy Birthday!!!

The DG birthday card club is a way to ensure a special day.

We welcome new members to the birthday thread. Our delightful obligation is to send a card to each birthday club member when his/her birthday occurs.

It's best to receive a pile of cards on or before your birthday so we do our best to send each card in a timely manner. This makes the card more meaningful to the recipient and to the sender. We don't have to send expensive or elaborate cards. We can make one or pick up one at nearly any store these days, or buy a whole box of cards at once and be prepared for the whole year!

It's a wonderful experience to receive cards in the mail.

Current Birthday Club Members:

rose318 / Patti -- March 18
AmandaEsq / Amanda -- April 6
taters55 / Linda Kay -- June 13
Katgroves / Kathy -- October 25
GardenQuail / Michelle -- October 28

We came from here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1370703/

Thumbnail by taters55
Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
LK, thanks for starting the new thread!
And I hope your trip out of town was for something fun.
Ah, Easy to Gro
Bulbs sent out an email announcing new plants for the fall... very tempting!
Hope you all are well. Have a great Friday!
Michelle

I went to San Antonio for my Grandsons Birthday, but it got cancelled due to the pool they booked, was double booked, and they re-scheduled his date to the 13th! Then I had to help my some move to a new place!

Hi, all.
Oh, LK, so sorry to hear that your grandson's birthday party had to be rescheduled. Even so, I bet he was still happy to have you visiting :)
Had a lovely walk today. Since I wasn't sure my foot was up for the walk back (after running errands), I took the bus back. One fun thing was that while waiting for the bus to come, a bird decided to serenade me :) And, while taking my dog out after we got home, another bird of the same kind decided to sing for me, too! I really must figure out what kind it is :)
Michelle

I sure hope you figure out what the bird is!

Hi, all.
I've been meaning to find my birdsongs recordings and see if I can pick out the bird from the recordings. Either that, or I need to record the bird and ask my friend. Catch is, the birds always sing when I don't have a way to record them. And if I go get something to use for recording, they stop singing as soon as I start recording! Ah, the challenges!
Badcat's "Fall 2014 Gourmet from Home" swap looks interesting. I'll have to see if it will work out for me to join. Can't quite commit to it yet. But in the meantime, I figure I can be contemplating what I might send if I can do it :)
It was feeling rather like fall earlier this week, but it looks like we have another taste of summer coming through till next Tuesday.
Hope you all are well. Have a great rest of the week!
Michelle

Keep trying, you will get your bird songs recorded before you know it!

Hi, all.
Heard several lovely birds singing this morning. Even heard a woodpecker tapping away... Now, there's an advantage of needing to take the dog out early in the morning :)
Hope you all had an enjoyable weekend! And, have a great Monday!
Michelle

Good morning! Glad to hear your still hearing the birds. Have you identified them yet?

Susie has the Oct Witchy & Spookie Swap open.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1375977/

Susie had to delete the old Halloween swap, come and sign up on the new thread please?

Susie has the Oct Witchy & Spookie Swap open.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1376121/

Hi, all.
My things got busy! Haven't had a chance to find my CDs with bird songs yet. Hopefully things will slow back down a bit again so I can take some time to find them :) Nothing like a bunch of deadlines all coming at once to keep one busy!
Hope you all are having a good week!
Michelle

Good morning! Hope things slow down for you soon!

New room for October Birthdays!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1377798/

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.