Miniature Mission Church for Succulent Planter

Fond du Lac, WI

Hello Gardening Friends,

I am looking for a miniature mission church (approx. 10" high x 6" wide) for a succulent planter.

An article about the mission church first appeared in a 1988 edition of Family Circle magazine. The churches were available through a landscape architect who lived in San Diego; needless to say, I cannot locate the landscape architect.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a garden center or a website where I could order a similar church or find a kit to make one. I've searched the Internet with no success.

My father-in-law made one years ago (see photo), but he's deceased now, and he used the photo in the magazine article to make his church. I'm not that talented.

Any information would be appreciated. Thank you. Judean

Thumbnail by WisePlanter
Draper, UT

I love that photo! I can't wait until it is complete. What a fun idea.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

You might call one of the missions themselves and see if they can ship you the kits they sell.

Here's the info on what they have.
http://www.missionsofca.com/

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Cool idea! That site has links for buying the kits -- click on "mission kits" in the orange bar near the top of the page, then click on mission names from the list to see the individual designs and use the "buy now" button. I think "foam core" would hold up fine if sprayed a few times with polyurethane or PYM II.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.