Garden Showcase: couldn't upload photos

(Sallie) Cherry Vall, IL(Zone 5a)

Weird problem. I tried to create a new album today. Same as I've done with the other 2 albums I've created, I gave it a title and then selected "Edit Garden Details". I entered the data on that page, but when I tried to save the changes I got an error message- something like "cannot update the data at this time, try again later". Okay, I thought I'd upload some photos and deal with the Details later. I couldn't upload any photos. I tried drag & drop to the page- nothing showed as uploaded. I tried both of the links for "Upload a photo" and nothing appeared on the page. I decided to "Save and Exit", but that gave me a warning that since I hadn't uploaded any photos, the album would be deleted. Okay. I gave up and the album was supposedly deleted. I repeated the steps above a couple more times with the same results. The last time, I selected "Delete Album" before exiting.

I decided to try again, but this time I didn't even try to "Edit Garden Details". Now I could upload photos, add descriptions and tags. This took me about an hour, and now I'm afraid to go back and fix the Details as, considering the previous problems, I'm afraid the whole album will be deleted.

Now for the really weird part. I selected "Save and Exit", clicked "Home" and found that I already had a comment on a photo in the album. It had been posted about an hour before- at the same time I couldn't upload anything?!?

Not sure how I could help investigate this further... Here's the link to the album:
http://davesgarden.com/showcase/album/view/1878735

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

That is odd, but we were making some changes around that time. Is it still happening?

I'll try creating a test album tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks!

I tried again. No change from the original reported problem. I put all my notes and a copy of my original message (above) and used the Contact Us link to send it in DMail. Thanks!

That's perfect - we'll forward it on. Thank you so much for a detailed report. That helps a lot!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.