brugs in house by end of sept

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

What do you use in the soil before bringing your brugs into the house?

I usually use bayer but I need to bring them in by the middle of sept and I am afraid it is too late to use bayer before bringing them in the house. Don't want to poison anyone in the house. Don't know how long it takes for it to dissipate.

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

I'll be watching this thread!

no help so far...lol

Old friends say they still use bayer right now and haven't had any problems. Probably with all the watering it is washed out by the middle or end of sept. Since I seem to water every day or twice a day.

Long Beach, CA

I don't think you have to treat the soil, just the plant. From what I have read you cut them back, remove the leaves and spray the whole plant for mites.

Rhapsody

Well didn't make it to the end of Sept all coming in the house today!
Busy all week and we are going down into the 40's I live in the country so we will be below what they forecast plus calling for 4 inches of rain middle of week....wow.

All the brugs are in full bloom, so I will let them bloom. if or should I say when they get mites this winter I think I will strip all the leaves off. Maybe that is a way to keep it cleaner.

Oostburg, WI(Zone 5b)

I only have 3 brugs and have just hauled them in, plunk them under the lights and try to remember to water them once in a while. I have never had bugs on them at all. Just lucky?

Long Beach, CA

Yes... realllllll lucky! I finally had to strip them all and spray them all. What a nightmare.

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

I have about 8 of them I planted in the ground. I was going to just take cuttings and let the plants croak. Well, they did so well I'm debating on cutting them back HARD, digging up, and potting them up for the winter and put back in the ground next year. To add to the dilemma, one of them has a really nice sized pod. *sigh*...........

I've got my monsters in the 24 inch pots that I should really attempt to root-prune and repot with fresh medium. I'll have to get my son's hacksaw to cut them back.

Well my problem was resolved....much to my sadness. I know I must of known this a long time ago but had forgotten. I planted heirloom tomatoes that got tomato wilt, which them passed them to my brugs! So I don't have to bring anything into the house, they are all diseased. ;(

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.