taking Lantana cuttings

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

I don't know if Lantana goes in the perrenial forum, but mine has been so far. I would like some advice about trying to root cuttings- what season, and details would be great. Mine is a pretty yellow/white that has done very well this summer. Thanks-

Lake Stevens, WA(Zone 8a)

Hi Jo- Over the years there have been a number of threads in the Propagation forum about Lantana cuttings. If you use the "advanced search" function you can search "Lantana" just in the Propagation forum to find them. If you can't figure out how to use the advanced search function (I find it annoying but now I know how to do it I use it all the time), dmail me and I will tell you how.

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

Jo
Did you get the information you needed for propagating Lantana cuttings?

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

No, not really- what I found was to take the cuttings in spring--I have a few seeds saved but probably they won't be what I want. I took cuttings in fall, and they all died. Hopefully I can find plants next year. My yellow one is still beautiful, but we are having temps WAY down in the next week- will probably lose everything- lows down to 2 degrees!

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

Well, if the ground isn't frozen, it may make it. I would put mulch on them and also if you have any, bricks or stepping stones or whatever. Something to hold the warmth from the sun as well as warmth from the not frozen soil.

I did dig my lantanas up last yr w about a 60 % success rate. I am doing the same this year. I am also taking cuttings. I don't know if they will make it or not. I have had good luck with Salvia cutings, but did those in early September. Just did the Lantans about two weeks go. We'll see.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.