Wishlist of Sorts

(Zone 5a)

I hope I can explain this. What I am looking for is to some how have a list of the plants I would like to add to my yard and if this can also have a link to the plant file, that would be even better. Just so I can remember what I want to get in the future. I know one site I order from has a wishlist function, but I do not know if I would necessarily order the plants from them.

Just a little bit ago I thought to begin a trade list for this purpose, but because I have nothing to trade in return, I am not sure this is the best option.

Is there a feature here I am missing that would do what I am asking? I know I can write notes on pen and paper, but those little notes get lost and then I go crazy. Just recently, I started, then lost my grocery list. Nuts!

Thank you so much for your help.

(Sallie) Cherry Vall, IL(Zone 5a)

Create a journal, then create a category called Wish List, and a status "Buy this"or something of that nature. I've done that in my journal- my categories are Get-xxx near the top:

http://davesgarden.com/community/journals/sj/SallieKr/6263/

(Zone 5a)

That you for the suggestion.

I just made a mess and cannot just hit Delete. I think I need to read this site's documentation on how a journal works. I saw yours Sally, and it is so nice and neat. I think I was trying to do too much at once, thinking it would be nice to include some of the birds and bugs we see here, as well.

Back to the drawing board.

(Zone 5a)

For some reason I cannot delete the statuses I created, even though nothing is attached to them, except for the one I have named. "To Do". I'll get the hang of this. But I did delete the two trade list items I had.

(Sallie) Cherry Vall, IL(Zone 5a)

You should be able to delete anything that has nothing attached. If it's not working correctly, just create a new journal- "Manage Journals (Add/Delete/Move Journals)", select it as your new "default journal" and start over. It takes awhile to get the hang of it!

I should have explained better... 1. create a new journal. 2. create at least one category. 3. go to PlantFiles, find the plant you're interested in, scroll down to near the bottom of the page and click "Add this plant to your journal", then follow the prompts. "Status" isn't really important at first. It just helps keep things organized when you've added way too many plants, as I have ;-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.