Kittens everywhere

Belleville , IL(Zone 6b)

There seems to be no shortage of kittens in our neighborhood. Three strays are taking turns having litters. As I was preparing to take five kittens to animal control, the neighbor lady told me her lawn service men had found six kittens in her yard. She is elderly so I offered to take her litter along. As much as I hated doing it, I just could not find them homes myself. I took in their mama and two kittens from a March litter. It is crazy! I did not want them growing up and having to fend for themselves. There is no close neuter and release program here. She agreed to having the female spayed if we can trap her. They breed as fast as bunnies. I don't know why our city has no program in place. It is sad and frustrating.

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!