LILIES from van Engelen, local pick-up in October

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

(OK, that's a tropical water lily, but it got your attention! LOL)

We'll likely order lilies from ADR in spring, as we did a couple years ago, but for those Mid-Atlantic DGers who like to plant lilies with other bulbs in fall, here's your chance!

Vendor: Van Engelen
http://www.vanengelen.com/flower-bulbs-index/hardy-lilies.html

I WILL NOT SHIP BULBS

Local pick-up only please.
Bulb Party is scheduled for SATURDAY OCTOBER 25, 2 pm at my home, with a plan to order pizzas or go to Chef Lin Chinese Buffet afterward. You're also welcome to swing by and pick them up at another time, just let me know.

For anybody needing a "bulb fairy" (ferry?) after all, you could ask somebody else to pick up your bulbs and arrange to get them to you.

I WILL NOT SHIP BULBS

The usual disclaimer applies -- If aliens devour this year's amaryllis crop or for some other reason VE takes my $ without delivering bulbs, you are still responsible for paying your share. Since I'm not a retailer, I can't absorb a loss, but I also think such a loss is extremely unlikely. VE has an excellent reputation for quality bulbs & customer service.

I'm mostly interested in Oriental-Trumpet hybrids ("Orienpets"), as they've done really well for me. Their huge, tall, fragrant blooms have to be seen to be believed. VE has a nice selection of them -- 10 varieties!

We do need to order in multiples of 5, as a group. That means you may order 1, or 4, or 7 -- but we'll need to make the numbers come out right at some point.

If you're interested in other types of lilies or even non-lilies (daffs, crocuses, etc), feel free to post about them. I'll add them to the order as long as we have the minimum number (5 for lilies, 100 for many of the daffs). Remember to also check the ADR group buy on the other thread -- except for amaryllises, ADR bulbs should be available at the fall swap. (VE doesn't ship in time for that)

If you want daffodils etc. by an earlier date, consider placing your own order with VE, especially if you're not doing a lot of splitting of bulbs. Shipping will be the same (10%), and we're not ordering in enough quantity (yet, at least) to get additional discounts.

PAYMENT is due at pick-up for those who have participated in previous group buys with me. For others, please pay before October 15 via PayPal or by October 7 if paying by check. Thanks!

This message was edited Aug 30, 2014 11:03 AM

Thumbnail by critterologist
This thread has 16 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!