Daylily Seeds

Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Most of my daylily seeds are still green and haven't split open yet, Can I open these now or will they grow after drying. All of these are teeth daylilies.. Beastman -Black horns -Bites Like A thousand Teeth- Horns.-Dr Stump-Bass Gibson-Bushmaster-And several other great teeth daylilies.WILL they be OK if I pick them now.

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Roseman, I harvested most of my seeds earlier this month. Not because I wanted too but because our puppy was chewing off scapes with seed pods. I harvested everything in the back and 95% were ready. If your worried, go pop one off and check it.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I don't harvest them green. I wait till they at least turn yellow or brown. Sometimes they will not crack open so I do harvest them if they have turned colors.

Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Thank You, Several have turned a maroon color but haven't cracked open yet but I did open one pod and the seeds looked OK. I have kept them in a bucket with about 4" of water & have had a few pods shrivel up.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I have done that too if I accidently break off a scape with pods on it. I think they all eventually did ripen.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.