The foolish thing I ever done

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

My mother-in-law was in the hospital several years ago and my wife was staying at the hospital with her. I went to visit and was out side the room and the people across the hall had made friends with my wife. They happened to be in the hall also and my wife introduced us and my wife started telling me about this beautiful flower that the woman grew and made a bouquet and brought to the hospital. The woman asked if I would like to see it and I said sure. She went in the room and brought out this arrangment that was really something to see. It had this thing it it that I had never seen before. I mean pretty, pretty. I asked what it was and she said peacock. I bragged on it and she found out that I liked plants and asked me and my wife if we wanted to ride out to her house and see her plants, All the way there I was thinking now this lady is so nice and I know she is going to give me a cutting of that peacock plant. We finally arrived at her house and I started looking for the peacock plant but I couldn't see any thing that even resembled what I saw at the hospital. She finally finished showing us her flower garden and still no peacock plant. I finally asked what about the peacock and she said we're heading there now. Now we proceeded on down this trail in back of her house and she stopped and fed the fish in a large fish pond. I still haven't seen the peacock plant. She finally finished feeding the fish and we went a little farther and there was a large pen with peacocks in it. I said where is the peacock plant that you had in the arrangment. She said it ain't no plant is comes from the peacock. So many times a year they give up that beautiful feather and she sells them to the local florist. I still think my wife set me up but she swears she is innocent and was looking to see the peacock plant as much as I.

HERE YOUR CHANCE TO SETTLE THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL.
DID SHE OR DIDN'T SHE. CAST YOUR VOTE.

This thread has 24 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!