A a Bit of Sad News

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Two weeks ago the hubs and I took a dog to the county shelter. She was a big pup. Looked to be about 9 months old and as sweet as could be. She had been thrown out at the barn and was covered in tics and fleas. We got the tics off and dusted her for the fleas. We fed her but we could not keep her. The morning we went to get her to bring her to the shelter, her left front leg was hanging uselessly. We figured she had been either hit by a car or kicked by the horse. She hopped up into my van and we took her to the shelter. They told us they would take her to the vet right away. I figured her shoulder had been knocked out of place. They told us we could come back by and check on her and even take her out and play with her. We went by there today. We were going to look into fostering her until she was adopted. But Sadly they told us she had been put down. They took her to the vet and had her xrayed. It showed her shoulder was badly fractured and would have required expensive surgery. I was very sad but glad she was no longer in pain. I had named her pretty girl.

This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!