No Blooms

(Zone 7a)

I have had my Endless Summer Hydrangea for 5 yrs, It has always had lots of blooms. This year not the first bloom, plenty of leaves, looks great, but no blooms. I have a Lace Cap that is 14 years old, this year no blooms on it either. I have another Lace Cap like the other on, my husband trimmed it back so I'm sure that is the reason it didn't bloom. Does anyone have a clue why I have no blooms??? I would appreciate any help. Thanks

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

This past winter took a toll on lacecaps and mopheads.

Hurst, TX(Zone 7b)

Shrubs that did not get winter protected had problems due to the weather and the invisible flower buds died. I cannot speak for you but here, we had plenty of temperature variations, going from the 70s to the 20s. This can confuse the plants and make them think it is Spring; then if they begin to act on that and the temps crash, the flower buds die and you do not get blooms. If you want blooms for sure, I suggest winter protecting ES. However, ES is supposed to be a rebloomer and I would expect some late blooms anyways. July-August would be a good time for their 2nd set of bloomage.

(Zone 7a)

Thank you both I'm sure you are correct. MaryK

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.