Armenian Cucumbers

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

Go figure here-- I just found these lovelies out in my rock garden, where I had just plopped a plant that was extra- it's under a birdfeeder and in a 4" piece of drain pipe- last year I had Morning Glories there- no attention at all- while weeding I found them. My other plants in my pampered garden have 2 teeny cucumbers on them! I love these cukes- totally burpless since they are not technically a cucumber- No peeling, and the scalloped shape is beautiful sliced. It makes me wonder why put all the work in, when they can do this on their own!!!

Thumbnail by JoParrott
SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

Those ARE gorgeous, Jo! Good job not doing anything, LOL!

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

Hi Linda- I just ate one of them- they are so good- pure crunch that I don't find in any other cuke- except General Lee- which is as spiny as a cactus! I DO NOT like the new watery varieties at all- tried dozens.

Jo,
Can you pickle those?

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

Yes, years ago I did, and they were delicious- I made so many that I had to throw several jars away years later!

That's Great news!

I've been trying to get cukes going to can pickles, but, haven't mastered that crop yet. I tried with some in an Earthbox over at my 7-yr-old nieces home, and they would've done well had I trellised them up beforehand, and had they watered the boxes on a more regular basis.

But, since I wasn't in proximity to the house, those cukes struggled through the heat and got watered when I visited or it rained.

Next season, I'll try some Armenian cukes. Where'd your seeds come from?

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

I think just off the rack at WalMart- they aren't hard to find.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.