Western Chipmunk

Monkton, MD(Zone 6b)

This little guy has finally come out and is not so camera shy. Mainly we have Eastern chipmunks.

Thumbnail by ottahand7 Thumbnail by ottahand7 Thumbnail by ottahand7 Thumbnail by ottahand7
Monkton, MD(Zone 6b)

This chipmunk is so cute and is allowing closer contact. It is interesting that this little guy passes on peanuts in lieu of bird seed that I have been throwing out as I have been getting low on peanuts. The Eastern chipmunks are peanuts all the way. This chipmunk has a strange marking on the back so I will be able to tell if it comes back next year. The stripes have a "bridge" seen in photo 5.

Thumbnail by ottahand7 Thumbnail by ottahand7 Thumbnail by ottahand7 Thumbnail by ottahand7 Thumbnail by ottahand7
Pueblo, CO(Zone 5b)

My sister had one as a pet one summer when we were kids. They are clever enough for a little bit of training.

Monkton, MD(Zone 6b)

I have only had one of these brave the gauntlet and come and grab a peanut with the eastern chipmunks around. I love their antics and their squeaky barking that they do.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

They are an absolute plague here in our area. My cat does her best to keep them under control. They are cute but a pestilence for a gardener.

Columbus, GA(Zone 8a)

They like to "shovel" dirt out of flower pots and onto my porch - I do not like them, cute though they are.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.