Let us talk about the Fall R.U.

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Hello Everyone, I know that it is hot and miserable but the Pavilion has to be reserved very soon.

Sheila and I have been talking and the best time for us to handle it would be October 25th or 26th.

We need your input and your help with the different threads and jobs that need to be organized.

Please let us know soon about the date and what you can do to help.

O.K. the park is now reserved for all day Sunday October 26th. Starting at noon till we are done. So let us get started and have fun.

Jobs assigned are so far;

Trade thread------- Stephanie
Attendance --------Open
Food----------Becky
Name signs for tables------Frank and Josephine.
Name tags and Cashier------ Sheila
Door prize organizer---------- Open
Door Prize callers------Frank and Brian

Let me know if you can think of other jobs

Your friends,
Sheila and Josephine.

This message was edited Sep 6, 2014 3:04 PM

Thumbnail by frostweed
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Speak up everyone and tell us what day is best for you. We usually have it start around 1pm on Sunday and noon if it is Sat.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Sunday works better for me due to my work schedule.

Thank you for your response Stephanie, I was beginning to think no one was interested.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I think most people haven't seen it yet.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Guess I am not the only one that doesn't get on much now days. Too hot to think about plants. LOL!

(Becky), Lipan, TX(Zone 7b)

I think Sunday sounds great. I can bring a dish or two, and money toward pavilion rental. I could also help with any "behind the scenes" jobs (set-up, cleanup, whatever needs done), just let me know :)

Thank you Becky, we will figure something out for sure.

Rancho Santa Rita, TX(Zone 8a)

Either day will work. And its NOT too early !

I will be glad to help with whatever I can, just
let me know.

Thank you for you reply Baja, I lean toward Sunday as well.

Grapevine, TX(Zone 8a)

Either day should work for me.

Thank you Dennis.

Fort Worth, TX

Sunday works best for me.

Thank you Gypsi, this makes seven so far including Sheila and me, keep it coming guys.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

So sad....I will be in Boston waiting for leaves to fall and rain to turn to snow. Brrrr.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

We will miss your smiling faces again Carrie!
Yes, Sunday for me also. It is getting harder and harder for Josephine and I to manage the behind the scene stuff for sure. Appreciate any volunteers. We will get our heads together and see what we need help with and let everyone know soon.

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Sunday is usually a better day for traveling for Dave and I. I can start looking at dates for our RU now that y'all have a weekend. Hope to see some of y'all at ours as well.

Yes Carrie, we will miss you, knowing you has been a pleasure.

That would be wonderful Joy!! I look forward to meeting you in the flesh!

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

You already have Josephine. Been a couple years, and you were pretty busy as you usually are at RUs.

Oh, I am sorry if I didn't realize it, I will try to be sure to make a mental note.

(Becky), Lipan, TX(Zone 7b)

Sheila, I'm very appreciative of all the work y'all put into these RU's. I also realize how lucky we are to have a local RU (twice a year at that!), so please just let us know what needs done to relieve some of the burden. Y'all need to be able to enjoy yourselves too :)

Thank you Becky, you are so sweet.

Dallas, TX

Sorry. Don't know how I missed this thread. Maybe I'm like Sheila and haven't been on DG much lately. Been busy counting the 4"pots. As of today I've counted 320. More to go.

I prefer Sunday but am willing to be flexible. And I would like to say 'ditto' to the comment that Becky, Jr. made at 3:37 today. Let me know how I can help.

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

Either day is fine for me.

Seriously ! What Becky said !

I'm surprised Sandy ilJ99 hasn't piped up !

Back to bed or me now. nite all

Teague, TX

Please tell me more ! Thanks Josephine.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

We meet in Arlington, usually, and make an afternoon of it. People bring plants to trade, or if you don't have plants, just bring yourself and you'll go home with tons of plants! You can also trade other things like buckets, manure, coffee grounds, seeds, or anything else you might want. We eat, have door prizes, and visit about plants.

Dallas, TX

Either date works for me.

Thank you for letting us know.

Dallas, TX

For those who might have missed it or not have had it complete the loop in your long or short term memory cycle, we do have a thread regarding future RUs. I think it was ILJ99 aka Sandy who started it. A number of us were listing 'haves' and 'wants'. Then the thread kinda veered a little, but not a lot, off topic. Maybe we need to 'marry' the threads, but don't ask me how. I still don't know how to make the letter 'c' in parenthesis without having it turn into a copyright symbol. ©

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

(C) (c)
How do you make a copyright sign?

This message was edited Aug 18, 2014 1:27 PM

Dallas, TX

Carrie, how'd you do that? Or maybe it's my computer and not a 'feature' of DG.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Best way to marry two threads is to put the link to the one you want to continue on in a post at the bottom of the first. (you just copy the page address by right clicking on it and select copy; then put your curser in the message and right click and select paste.)
Then do the same for the old thread in the first post of the new thread.
((Blink..blink)) Clear as mud right? LOL!

This message was edited Aug 25, 2014 9:59 AM

Dallas, TX

Well done, Baja.

merci.

I just don't know where Sandy is ...

Rowlett, TX(Zone 8a)

Sunday is better for me. I will apologize right up front that I will have to (yet again) leave early. But I volunteer at Operation Kindness on Sunday afternoons. I do have some plants to give away, so I will be there, and I will bring a food offering as well. Thanks Josephine and Sheila!!!!

Carla

Thank you Carla for letting us know.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I am here. Either date is fine with me. I will either come with Steadycam or Smockette :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.