Broad mites on one of my Brugs.

Nashville, TN(Zone 6b)

I have found signs of Broad mites on one of my Brugs. What do you use to treat The County Ag Dept suggested Avid and I bought some but after reading how toxic it is I am almost afraid of it. I google searched and came up with LOTS of scary suggestions. I hate to destroy the plant but may be the best option right now.

Indiantown, FL

You can use neem but you will have to spray every 3 days for a week or two, remove all leaves to get rid of the eggs. You can also dunk small plants in a 5 gallon bucket of the mix. Murpheys Oil Soap will kill them too as a dunk, 10 -12 oz t 5 gallon bucket.

Mulberry, FL

I would wing it once you get those there terrible to get rid of them.

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

picabo, I really feel for you. I have been plagued with them all summer. I have sprayed individual plants with Forbid but should have sprayed all my plants at the same time because now almost half of my brugs. are showing signs and when you have as many plants as I do it is a real problem. If you have access to Forbid I would spay the plant and move it far from your others.
If not, I have had some success using an over the counter insecticide for mites mixed with neem oil. Just be sure you do not spray when the sun can hit the plants so early morning or late evening is best. Forbid is the best thing to use for broad mites and if you have to spray again Avid is the spray to use. I just ordered Avid on Ebay and have in the past also ordered Forbid from Ebay. God luck, we all dread broad mites.

Mulberry, FL

Better hang on to your pocket books when you price that mess. Check out bifen on ebay works just as well as the rest of it but all this stuff your spraying is poison not good for you. Thats why I say 1 plant I would get rid of it to save the rest and me for not having to deal with the whole mess. lol the things we do for these plants

Long Beach, CA

I just ordered this. It is suppose to be a knock out miticide killing eggs through adult.

AKARI 5SC is a contact miticide used for the control of spider mites on ornamentals. This product should be used in a program with other products to provide season long protection. Apply as a spray in the APPLICATION DIRECTIONS section of the label, using sufficient water volume to obtain thorough coverage of plants.

Under severe mite conditions, use the maximum rates and the shorter spray interval as specified on the label. AKARI 5SC is a 5% Suspension Concentration which contains 0.42lb of fenpyroximate per gallon which when mixed with water according to the Directions for Use will control spider mites on ornamentals.

Rhapsody

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.