Black Rice

Kingsville, TX(Zone 9b)

Do any of y'all ever cook black rice? I'm looking for some suggestions and/or recipes.
I made some the other night, and was kind of disappointed, I made what I call "Faux Pilaf" (rice simply cooked with the addition of a package of Lipton Onion soup mix added). This works quite well with plain ol' white rice. But one thing I didn't realize was, the color of the rice (which is actually purple, rather than black) completely camouflaged the ingredients of the soup mix. Also, the flavors just didn't "go together" as I hoped they would.
I'm thinking the black rice would be much better either completely plain (maybe just some butter, salt & pepper to taste) or as a slightly sweet dessert type dish, maybe with fruit.
Any suggestions, anyone? Any tried & true recipes?
Thanks!

This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!