CLOSED: August Birthday card swap!

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Happy Birthday!!!

The DG birthday card club is a way to ensure a special day.

We welcome new members to the birthday thread. Our delightful obligation is to send a card to each birthday club member when his/her birthday occurs.

It's best to receive a pile of cards on or before your birthday so we do our best to send each card in a timely manner. This makes the card more meaningful to the recipient and to the sender. We don't have to send expensive or elaborate cards. We can make one or pick up one at nearly any store these days, or buy a whole box of cards at once and be prepared for the whole year!

It's a wonderful experience to receive cards in the mail.

Current Birthday Club Members:

rose318 / Patti -- March 18
AmandaEsq / Amanda -- April 6
taters55 / Linda Kay -- June 13
Katgroves / Kathy -- October 25
GardenQuail / Michelle -- October 28

We came from here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1367084/

Thumbnail by GardenQuail

Hi, all.
Hope you enjoy this colorful cake my husband found on the web :)
Michelle

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread Michelle! Love the cake!

Glad to see Twyla is back with us!

Hi, all.
Yes, it was very good to hear from Twyla. I hoping she'll make it by to visit with us at some point.
Hope you all are having a productive week :)
Michelle

Hi, all.
How's it going for everyone?
Our unusually high humidity finally went away. We're back to our normal weather pattern. Funny, though... For all the grumbling I did about the high humidity, it feels cold now :) Of course, the temperatures aren't much lower, at least not at first. Just goes to show how much warmer the humidity can make it feel. Reckon that's why my grandmother always felt cold when she came to visit us on the West coast when I was a kid.
I'm going to have to water my tuberoses. I discovered that they're trying to grow even though I haven't been watering them lately. I think those very occasional rain showers have been keeping them going a bit. One has even put up a flower stalk. It's a very short one, but perhaps if I water them, it will bloom anyway. That would be a special treat!
Have a great rest of your weekend!
Michelle

Hi, all.

Ah, today was a beautiful day for a picnic :) Our church had a picnic at a nearby park today. Perfect weather for it, too. And my dog had a wonderful time watching all the goings-on.

Have a wonderful Monday!

Michelle

Sounds like you had a great day!

Hi, all.
How has your week been? Even if it has been busy, I hope you've enjoyed it :)
Sadly, for various reasons, we've decided not to continue our gardening group at the Blind Center after this growing season. Because of the problems I've had with my foot, I haven't been participating for some time, but it has still been fun to hear about how things are growing. It has certainly been fun while it lasted! We started our gardening group as a class in the summer of 2007. We had fun growing many tasty veggies and some beautiful flowers :)
Well, perhaps this will inspire me to get at least a small part of my garden going again soon!
Hope you all have a wonderful Friday and a refreshing weekend.
Michelle

Sorry to hear about your garden group! What did you do to your foot?

Susie has the September day lily swap open for anyone interested.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1372860/

Kathy has the the thoughts of you swap is open.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1372872/

Hi, all.
Hope you all had a nice weekend. Believe it or not, we're already almost to the middle of the week!
LK, that plantar wart that I had for most of this past year is trying to make a come back! We were hoping to have gotten rid of it, but I guess it's not quite gone yet. Sigh... And I've had another problem with it. Been refered to a podiatrist to find out what this is. My doctor has her suspicions, but I'll find out for sure when I see the podiatrist.
Sounds like some fun swaps coming up. I'll have to take a look at them. Won't make the daylily swap, but will look at the other :) And I'll think of those trading daylilies while I give mine some water. Hoping mine will come back and grow some more...
Michelle

Sorry to hear your having foot problems. Hope it will be an easy fix.

Hi, all.
Speaking of birthdays, today I called my mom to wish her a happy birthday :) Didn't get to talk too long as they were about to have dinner. It sounds like she had a nice day. My aunt took her out for lunch, and they had a nice long visit together.
Well, we're almost to a long weekend, and the beginning of september! Come September 1, would someone else like to host? If not, I can do it, but I thought I'd check :)
Michelle

I will do September.

Happy birthday to your Mom.

Hi, all.
Thanks, LK!
Patti, Amanda, and Kathy, are you still around? Hope things are going all right for you. Do stop by when you have a chance.
Have a wonderful 3-day weekend!
Michelle

Hi, all.
It's beautiful here on this last day of August. But with September just around the corner, I have thoughts of gardening roaming around in my head. Thinking that perhaps I should see what I can do about getting some bulbs thinned out. And considering what seeds I might want to try planting so I might have some Spring flowers. I'll have to see what all I can actually get done though... Perhaps I can do a little work at a time and get something done :)
Michelle

Morning everyone. I have been out of town. I will get new thread for September in just a bit.

New room ladies, come on over and have a piece of cake!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1374169/

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.