Schlumbergera x Buckleyi

Ellendale, DE(Zone 7a)

I am interested in a cutting, however small, of the original true Christmas Cactus, Schlumbergera x Buckleyi. I have asked in the orchid cactus forum but have not met with success. If the cutting comes from a very old plant that has been passed along from someone's grandmother, chances are likely for it to be the true plant.

Schlumbergera x Buckleyi will not have jagged edges to its leaves. Here is a reference article: http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/392/

If anyone has any ideas, or a piece of the plant, I will do my best to inventory what I have for exchange and would sincerely appreciate it.

TJ Given

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I received a cutting of this in a trade from The Netherlands. It has rooted well and begun to grow. I will keep you in mind for a small cutting once there is more growth.

Ellendale, DE(Zone 7a)

Thanks so much for your kindness. I look forward to it. Take care.

Ocean Springs, MS

My grandmother had the "true" Christmas cactus. I remember the blooms being a true red! I don't know what happened to the plant when she passed away in 1982. Sure wish I had a piece of it now! Sigh!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I wish you did too, Julie.

Ocean Springs, MS

Might ask my aunt tomorrow if she knows what happened to it. She may even have it. Wouldn't that be a surprise!

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

TJ, I have this plant. The parent plant mine came from is 202 years old. An Amish family had the large plant and donated it to the botanical garden here. I started 3 plants from it .They just called it Grandmas cactus., must have went thru several grandmas at that age. :-) Use to be many of the large old ones around here, but as people got old they gave away the plants and many were lost thru neglect.

Kyle :-)

Ocean Springs, MS

Kyle, are you willing to share some cuttings? Thanks, JUlie

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I hope you can share cuttings with timmijo, My plant is still very small.

Ellendale, DE(Zone 7a)

Thank you, Kyle, that is exactly what I am looking for. I will send you a dmail so we can work out the details, and for everyone else, I promise to take good care of it so that there will be cuttings in the future.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.