Success with Agastache?

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

Has anyone had any success in AZ with Agastache of any species? If so, what conditions did/do you grow it in? Thanks!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I had several of them through the years and they did very well until the heat hit them and they were gone. I use them as annuals even though they are considered perennials.

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

You treated them as annuals. Excellent! When did you set them out? Spring or fall? Do you remember when they bloomed? I have read they are tender perennials, but sometimes I find I can break the rules. I have found Chandler to be a very 'rule-breaking' climate to garden in. I've gardened in the Philippines, California, Nevada, and North Dakota. Chandler is my very, very most favorite. So much fun and I never run out of sun!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I planted them in late fall and I covered them if we had a hard freeze. Planting in the fall gave them a chance to get established faster and even bloom before 'winter'.

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

Thank you, Rodicap. I will try it. First I will have to check the gardenology for this 'winter' thing you speak of.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Winter here used to be a relative word, but from 2007 , after the Big Freeze , became quite real at least for several days , maybe weeks.
To give you and idea , several years ago, I had 16 degrees in our backyard and both my outdoor faucets froze solid..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.