Is this Cosmo flower large?

West Babylon, NY(Zone 7a)

Grew a few varieties last year, and seed from those are mine growing now. Most flowers are this large. (adult mans hand next to it).

Thumbnail by keithp2012
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

It is larger than any that I have grown. I have not grown any of the pink ones in a while...mostly the yellow or orange ones and none of them were that big either. Very nice!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Wow, yes, that is on the large side. When I grew cosmos in the past, I didn't pay much attention to them, not even to what size they were, but I 'm pretty sure I would have noticed something THAT big.

Anna, IL(Zone 6b)

The yellow and orange cosmos do not get near that large.

I enjoy growing the variety of cosmos like in the picture you have, but no I don't think my blooms were that large. So, yes I would say that is a LARGE bloom. In my area, the pink/white/maroon cosmos really start to perform by late fall. I planted saved seed also this year, but mine are yet to bloom for 2014.

Thumbnail by brendak654 Thumbnail by brendak654
Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

It's a monster . . . makes me think I should go out and fertilize my garden, LOL.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Cosmos is (I think) one of those which responds to fertilizer with foliage, not flowers.

West Babylon, NY(Zone 7a)

Quote from carrielamont :
Cosmos is (I think) one of those which responds to fertilizer with foliage, not flowers.

Then mabye I have a new, giant cultivar.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

^_^

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Ummmm, yeah......that's definitely LARGE !
Very nice.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.