ORVG# 202, Weird Summer Weather

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Since the old thread was getting way too long, I moved us to a new place.

You can find the old place here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1353268/

Hope I didn't step on any toes. The last thread was 2 miles long.

Columbus, OH

I can't imagine that you have. :)

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Beautiful start to the first day of August but they are saying that we could have rain by noon. If so, I will just curl up in the recliner with a good book. Everyone have a good Friday. Kathy

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Aw, thanks, Bonnie! You can be the designated thread starter as far as I'm concerned!

Doesn't seem possible that it could be August already. How time flies when you're having fun. ;o)

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Bonnie we needed a new thread.

Summer always goes faster than winter. Spring this year was like a extended winter.

I spent the day planting daylilies, that I divided last night. I was just finishing up when the mail lady pulled in the driveway with a box of plants. Lol

I'm off to bed!
Hope everybody has a great night!
Karen

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Sue, Happy Birthday to you.

You know the tune, and just wanted you to know that I sang it to you.

Hope your day has been a great one.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Happy Belated Birthday, Sue! I hope you had a great day! I spared you and my family, I didn't sing. Lol

Columbus, OH

I tasted the lacto fermented pickles. They're pretty good, actually. Now I'm waiting to contract Ebola virus or something from it. Somewhere, Darius is laughing.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Somewhere...Cookie is, too!

Celene, they will be fine, and so will you!

You all had any rain?

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Supposed to have a 50-50 chance of rain here today with it going up to 80% for the next couple of days. Could sure use it as the new green beans are just now starting to bloom. Hope that everybody has a great Saturday. Kathy

Columbus, OH

I have market tomorrow, I'd love for it to rain after 5pm. I'm busting out the fall scents.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Yay

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

For my ORV friends, this was our market stand just before opening bell today.
Our helpers Amy & Lonnie. Far right, my wife, Bertha.

This message was edited Aug 9, 2014 6:12 PM

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Beautiful!!

Bernie do you have to set up the tent every market day, or is it a venue where you can just leave them up?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Set up the whole thing every time. 4 tents & 13 tables. 8 weights on the tent legs, too.
About 1½ hours to get all ready. 4 of us working.

Columbus, OH

That makes me sooooo glad that my market has a permanent metal cover. That's a LOT of setup.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

A lot of Tear down, too! I think it looks nice.

Mother Nature decided to give me some rain today, just as I started digging. You have to love her timing! Lol So, I'm back in the house cleaning.

Celene, I'm glad the pickles didn't kill you. :-)

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I've been busy!

64 bags from 192 ears of corn. I planted Honey Select this year and many people are saying it's the best corn they've ever eaten. I'm one of them!!

Thumbnail by joycet Thumbnail by joycet Thumbnail by joycet
Columbus, OH

That is a whale of a lot of corn. What a whole lot of work that is!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

It was, but Bill picked and shucked, so it wasn't bad!

Columbus, OH

I hate to shuck corn. Hate, hate, hate, hate. No idea why, it's not that terrible of a task. I love to peel tomatoes, though. My mother used to love corn and tomatoes, so I would tell her I'd make up freezer portions if she shucked the corn :)

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I don't hate it, but I'd rather not!! Worked out great with Bill doing it. Now I can say WE did the corn!

Columbus, OH

I see all that corn and think about making sweet corn cake and corn pudding for Thanksgiving, etc. I had a very non-traditional Tex-Mex Christmas Eve last year and made sweet corn cakes and my family loved them, I was ambivalent. lol

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Good morning,

A foggy start to the day, but as the fog burns off the temperature is supposed to hit right around 90, we are taking my Dad to Pike Lake for a picnic so hope that we can find a spot where there is plenty of shade for him and also my 11 month old grandson.

Hope that everybody has a great weekend.

Kathy

Columbus, OH

I am going to the farm market early to beat the heat! Watching my Dickinson Field Pumpkins getting fat and kinda sorta looking like they might ripen. Those plants are waist high. No joke.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I accidentally grew a pumpkin once. No kidding. The compost pile had the most gorgeous vines and I grew 4 lovely pumpkins. I also grew a mini by accident cause I let it rot in place. Never did grow any on purpose though!

Hope you had a good time, Kathy. It was surely HOT today!

We have pumpkins in the garden. I think DH got seed from a neighbor boy. Don't know what kind they are, but we always put some autumn decorations at church, so these may qualify for that purpose.

We got an 1.2 of rain about 4pm, and it is raining again. We really need it, so I am happy to hear the thunder roll and see the lightening.

It surely was hot today. However the rain earlier cooled it down a lot.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

We had a great time yesterday, found a place with plenty of shade until the last part of the day. Dad was not able to go as he had picked up or tried to pick up a rock that was bigger than he is and pulled something in his back and my sister took him to the ER on Friday, they gave him a shot and some pain pills but still never felt like sitting so we will just go to his house and have something before the weather gets cold. I was lucky as I had all 3 kids and grandkids there.

Hot and humid here today.

Everyone have a great Sunday.

Prayers, Kathy

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Glad to hear you had a good time, Kathy, but sorry about your dad.

I'd like to plant vining things, but they take up so much room. Maybe next year I'll plant pumpkins and just let them run between things.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Happy Labor Day everybody,

It has been a day of labor for me, worked, came home, went and donated blood and then came home and I am getting corn ready to freeze. Then will have clothes to fold.

Hope that everyone has had a great day. Kathy

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Kathy!

Off to the hospital for the first of two surgeries this week for Bill. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers!

Columbus, OH

I will light a candle for you, Joyce.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Celene!

Joyce sending prayers for Bill and you. Hope that everything goes well, and the healing is quick.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Bonnie! Appreciate it!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Joyce, My thoughts and Prayers are with you and Bill. I pray, everything goes better than planned.

If anybody needs a good laugh, here's one for you. Saturday morning, I was getting a towel from the linen closet to take a shower. I open the closet door and find 5 empty cans of cleaning products. The brand new can of Lysol Disinfecting Spray and new can of Pledge Multi Surface and 2 cans of Febreeze and a can of Pine Room spray. I collect all of the cans and proceed to find my child. When confronted with the evidence against him and his mother asking "What can you tell me about this?" My son says "Sorry!" Lol I didn't have to ask what he did with them. It was obvious! :-) Yep, he sprayed them into my Beige carpet. All in the same spot, I might add. My whole house smelled like a pine forest with vanilla cakes baking in it. Lol Can anybody guess, what I did Saturday and Sunday? On the bright side of this story, I was very happy he didn't spray them onto my hardwood floor. ;-) Now, Who wants my son to come clean for them? Lol

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Ahhhh, gee thanks, Karen, but I think I'll pass! 😏

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.