unknown daylilies

Buffalo, NY(Zone 5b)

Can anyone identify these?

Thumbnail by jackthompson Thumbnail by jackthompson Thumbnail by jackthompson Thumbnail by jackthompson Thumbnail by jackthompson
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

I would measure the height of the scape and size of the bloom. Then go to this link.http://www.daylilydatabase.org/search.php Do a advanced search with the scape height and bloom size. It will give you a narrowed down list to choose from. Some will have pictures and others will have only a description. This link should have more pictures to help you. http://www.daylilydb.com/?
Good Luck! It's not easy, there are over 70,000 registered daylilies. There are also, many that are not registered. They are pretty, either named or not. :-)

Buffalo, NY(Zone 5b)

I'm hoping someone will see something similar to what they have and be able to give me a name. I have looked at the AHS database, but wish they offered a color option in their search! I'll have to try the measurements, but have always assumed that the registered measurements were from one plant and could vary a fair amount from plant to plant. Thanks for the input

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Boy, the 2 lavenders do look similar to me. The 2nd one I seem to have seen before, like maybe on the Lily Auction. Could it be one of Karol Emmerich's daylilies??

The first lavender reminds me of Chris Salter or Spacecoast Easy Rider but without stats on the flower I can't say for sure what it is.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Tinkers the link above that is actually working, has a color search option. But, they don't have a search by height and bloom size, which will narrow your search. Like I said, It's not easy. Sorry!

Buffalo, NY(Zone 5b)

Searching the AHS database by size for spiders leads me to believe that the 5th one is Old-Fashioned Maiden! so 20% so far. I will check for the lavenders that were mentioned! The daylilidb.com does have a color option but not much elswe that is obvious. I have not tried it yet!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Congratulations! Your doing great! Keep up the good detective work. #1 and #3 will be your hardest to ID. There are a lot of yellow with red or orange eyes. Siloam June Bug and Little Cadet are 2 that I have that are small blooms with reddish eyes. Pictured below is Siloam June Bug. You'll find pages with this description.
I honestly, don't bother trying to find names for my unnamed daylilies. I give them names of family members or friends. I'm not trying to discourage your quest, it's a noble one. I'm only sharing what I personally do with unknown's.
Check Spiritual Corridor for the 4th daylily. It's hard to say, there are tons of them that look the same. East Coast Dreaming is another one to look at.
Good Luck!

Thumbnail by taylordaylily
Buffalo, NY(Zone 5b)

Thanks taylordaylily! #3 is like little cadet but #3 has a 5 to 6 inch flower! I have Siloam June Bug so I know #1 or #3 is not that, also June Bug has a tighter eye!

Buffalo, NY(Zone 5b)

A person on a different forum pointed out to me that #'s 2 and $ are aactually the same plant! I realized I had taken the pictures on different days and not looked closely wbefore posting! They also identified the plant as Spiritual Corridor!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Your Welcome! Your doing great! It sounds like you only have 1 left to ID, now.
I'm sorry, I have no idea who #3 could be. I have one that size, called Black Eyed Susan. I think it's form is different from yours. I also have Dainty Eyes but it has a very ruffled edge. Yours doesn't seem to have a ruffled edge.
Picture 1 Black Eyed Susan
Picture 2 Dainty Eyes

Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily
Buffalo, NY(Zone 5b)

I've decided that #1 is most likely Fooled me or something very similar! You're right #3 has a different configuration with the petals and sepals all rolled back and little if any ruffling!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

JT, I will agree that the first one is Fooled Me.

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Buffalo, NY(Zone 5b)

I just found the tag for #3 it is Hazel !

Thankyou to all who helped me ID these!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

What a coincedence!! LOL!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.