Looking For Queen Anne's Lace

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

Anyone have any to share for SASE or a trade? Thanks..

Larkie

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

it's funny how one mans weed is another mans perennial.

once before I saw someone form the south request seeds and I mailed a whole [lace] head.

I am not sure the seed heads are ready for picking yet... But I can check....

if no one else pops in with an offer, I should have some by late Sept.

have fields of the stuff.

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

Oh great and thanks..It used to be wild here everywhere and now I hardly every see it, only in the northern part of Georgia..Highway spraying may have killed a lot of it.. I also had it here in my yard and I remember that it was sort of invasive..All of my chickens were out one year due to the pen being destroyed in a storm and had to be rebuilt.. I think they took care of the seeds..

I have a meadow area that I would like to get some start.. So thank and give me a holler..

Larkie

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I'll start looking at the seed heads... i did notice some have already curled.
I'll be in touch....

Churchill, Victoria, Australia(Zone 10a)

Queen Anne's Lace is the same species as Carrots, which are cultivars of the original wild plant. They are a biennial plant, which means that the first year from seed they grow large and leafy and develop the tap-root which is the carrot. The second year they draw on the reserves in the tap root to put up a flowering shoot, and this is when it becomes Queen Anne's Lace.
You can therefore simply buy Carrot seed, but instead of harvesting all the carrots, allow some of them to develop flowering shoots in their second year,

Ken

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Will a carrot produce those huge blooms, and get that tall?

interesting....

though I did know they were in the carrot family, only white though.... and always wondered why rabbits don't eat them. *wink* I have so much of it out back... wish the bunnies would mow it down for me.

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

Yes, I knew that they are in the same family and yet different..lol..Queen Anne's Lace is actually the wild carrot.. I have grown both and prefer the QAL..

Larkie

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.