Your experiences with P. muticum "Short Tooth Mountain Mint"

(Zone 4b)

Just yesterday I picked up a Pycnanthemum muticum at nearby nursery.

I know it is a shade plant which does spread but is also an attractor for bees and such.

Anyone have first hand experience with it in your garden?

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

Sorry, never tried it. I've seen it listed in several catalogs, usually with a comment like 'Despite pycnanthemum's reputation, this one behaves itself'. Sounded like it might be a headache. I've got plenty of those already. I'll be interested to hear if it really behaves itself for you or not.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

My DG friends greenthumb99 and ecnalg (David and Pat) gave me this pass along plant from their garden in 2013. Funny, I met them through DG but we only live about 5 miles apart. Anyway, back to Pycnanthemum muticum (what a pronunciation mouthful). I planted it down in my turtle garden - pretty shady conditions there. It is doing really well in that location. It has probably doubled in size, but does not seem to be spreading by self seeding. So far so good - I like this one.

(Zone 4b)

Thanks so much for the true life feedback 'aspen'. (I planted 3 in different locations. They were healthy for all the second half of the summer and I look forward to them doing their thing next season).

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.