Euphorbias

Decatur, GA

Part of my Euphoria collection.
Euphorbia viguieri, E. decaryi (?) E. cylindrifolia (?)E. cremersii, E. waringiae.

Thumbnail by helenchild Thumbnail by helenchild Thumbnail by helenchild Thumbnail by helenchild Thumbnail by helenchild
Camano Island, WA(Zone 8a)

Thanks for sharing. They're all great, but that E. decaryi with the ruffled leaf edges is really beautiful.

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

Wow, just wonderful. Euphorbias do great in Georgia! Do you knoe what the one is in the E. waringiae photo on the left with the big leaf. Is it a Euphorbia?

Decatur, GA

Nancy, I think the plant is a sunburned leaf from this plant. I get a lot of volunteer seedlings that start with a really pretty silver strip but it fades when the plant gets bigger. They reseed in the s/h which is kind of interesting.

Thumbnail by helenchild Thumbnail by helenchild Thumbnail by helenchild Thumbnail by helenchild
Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

It's a pretty plant. Looks like it might be in the Euphorbia family.

Decatur, GA

Its definitely a Euphorbia.

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

They are all awesome. I had a few, but never covered them when we had our freezing nights this past two winters. They didn't make it. Are all yours growing outdoors? Do you bring them inside during cold spells?

Decatur, GA

imadigger they all come in in the winter. The Euphorbias get very little water from Dec-Feb/March then I start back with water slowly. I might give some water once a month but Euphorbias are so prone to rot when its cool it can be risky.

This message was edited Jul 27, 2014 6:14 AM

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try and replace a few and see now it goes.

Decatur, GA

I should have said they germinate in the s/h - interesting.

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

Yes, that is interesting! I've never had that happen something to look for!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.