Does anyone grow Implausibility?

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

By Nick Chase. The picture is in the plant files, but I have lost the plant somewhere in my garden! I need the rest of the statistics on it.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Here is the AHS description of it. I hope this helps you.

Implausibility (Chase, 1997)
height 38in (96cm), bloom 5in (12.5cm), season M, Dormant, Tetraploid, Fire engine red with a darker red halo and gold to green throat. (H. fulva Europa × Ed Murray)

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Thanks, I have that info, but I was hoping for branching and buds. I know I moved it from the first place I had it planted, but I don't remember where! I have a really tall, many buds red plant that I think is my long lost jolly red giant that never bloomed untill last year, but last year I thought it was implausibility...

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Your welcome! It sounds like you found Jolly Red Giant. It's tall and has a very high bud count. I hope Implausibly shows up for you.

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

It's kind of a mystery how I can have a plant in the garden for years, and never see it bloom. It was probably too crowded and too shaded. Then I moved some plants out of that area, and voila! The next year this many scaped giant showed up! To me this means that the plant was continuing to grow, even though it didn't bloom.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

I can totally relate, to your problem. Lol I have 2 garden beds that are stuffed full. I have 5 other garden beds that are not as crowded, yet. Yes, I'm a flower addict! :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.