Some Blooms finally!

Columbus, OH

After much work and waiting....

Thumbnail by Corsetiere Thumbnail by Corsetiere Thumbnail by Corsetiere Thumbnail by Corsetiere Thumbnail by Corsetiere
Athens, PA

They are late this year, aren't they? My rose of sharon is just starting to open and generally they start on the 4th.

Thumbnail by Carolyn22
Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Oh you lucky gals. They are all so beautiful. I'm in water lily envy.
Someday I'm hoping to get some growing.

Columbus, OH

Thanks! Yeah they seem a little late. All of my plants seem off schedule this year, but the water lilies were probably some what due to the abuse they took from the koi. lol!

(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

Bonnie you would need steel containers for your lilies else your omniverous fish would destroy them.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Oberon, you are right. I bought the supplies yesterday to make Corsetiere's rings. Only difference I got see through plumbers pipe. My son says he doesn't think it will float. Store told me I could return it if it didn't. I amused 3 guys explaining what I was buying the stuff for.
They all said we want to see a pic if it works. Men in places like Lowe's all thing women are dumb. One way or the other I'll show them it's possible. Today I'm cleaning up plants and put some in my old floating island without rocks so as of yet it hasn't sunk. Also put in both ponds one of those shelters from predator's that have place for pot and plant in the center. I didn't put any plants in them just rocks in pots to hold them down. They can swim through them and I'm hoping it will occupy their time some.

Got to clean out bird feeders too. All this rain has gummed all the food up and they won't eat it. Got to think of a way to make a cover. I'm thinking garbage can lid mounted above the feeders. Fish food is in kept in sealed container but some of it got mildew also so I've had to throw that away too. Don't want to cause sick fish had plenty of that already.

Lord it's hot. When I finish working I'm going to jump into the pool.
Take care all and happy ponding.
Got to take a pic of a container a client gave me. It is beautiful and it's not cement cause I can pic it up easy. I'm thinking of putting just 1 plant in it as I don't really want to hide the inside bottom. It's tiled with koi in it. Beautiful.
Bonnie

Sounds neat. Don't know why it wouldn't float. You should have seen me picking out PVC, rebar and conduit to make trellis' for my climbing peas. The guy was actually very understanding and not at all condescending. Make a good suggestion to make less expensive elbows on the conduit.

Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL(Zone 9b)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/24-Floating-Island-Pond-Planter-plant-koi-water-garden-pool-aquatic-pot-fish-/390823822282?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5afeea43ca

These are a bit pricey, but Lowe's has the tubbie insert for 11.99. Perhaps pool noodles from the Dollar Store zip-tied around the tubbie?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Plant-Floating-Planter-with-Anchor-/271534437010?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f38b6b292

I'm always looking at the real stuff and trying to figure out how to make it myself! I save all padding and packaging from shipments that looks like I may be able to use it for something else. :)

Columbus, OH

Mine float fine, as the photos show.
But the large water lily enclosures don't actually have to float. Since they touch the bottom of the pond the tubing is really just there to give it some shape and support.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nycon-Floating-Pond-Plant-Protector-30-deep-3-round-/110770869931?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19ca7556ab

Bonnie, you could probably sew the side of bird netting or large holed mesh fabric and secure pool noodles to make something similar to this?

I also think the tubing to keep hot water tank or air conditioning parts insulated is black, which would probably be better than pool noodles.

Does that stuff have chemicals in its makeup that might leach into the pond?? Just wondering.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Here's tub -It won't float but that's ok I'm going to put it someplace in the garden.

The single floating tub has flack stuff that over times turns mushy. I have 1. I prefer the hard plastic cause they hold up well.

Any suggestions as to what I can put into tub without hiding the bottom design completely.

Thumbnail by BonnieGardens Thumbnail by BonnieGardens Thumbnail by BonnieGardens Thumbnail by BonnieGardens
Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

The hula hoop I sewed screen too floats very well but my fish liked to jump into it. They usually got out but some of the smaller ones about 10" couldn't always get out.

I think they are acrobrats. Very amusing to say the least.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.