AUG 2014 PLANT SWAP SIGN UP

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

WHO HAS ROOM LEFT IN THEIR GARDENS FOR MORE BEAUTIES ?

IN THIS SWAP : SO 6 PLANTS THAT WILL SPELL OUT "AUGUST "
DOSE NOT HAVE TO BE EXACT. HOPE THIS WILL BE FUN FOR ALL .

THIS IS ONLY IF YOU WANT IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ITS OK YOU CAN STILL JOIN US & SHARE WHAT PLANTS YOU HAVE :) MAYBE HOUSE PLANTS ,OR
PERENNIALS .

HOPE YOU WILL JOIN US

A: ASTILBE---AQUILEGIA OR A DL ALWAYS AFTERNOON
U: umbrella plant OR DL STARTING WITH U ECT ECT
G : GRANNY'S NIGHTCAP
U :ULEX
S : SEMPERVIVUM
T :TOAD LILY

Thumbnail by deejay9

save

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Now won't that be a challenge? lol I am thinking... :)

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

lol wow, interesting

remember you do not have to take the challenge :

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Hm. I'm going to think about this, but I don't think I can conjure 2 U's.

South Lake Tahoe, CA(Zone 6a)

I'm interested... but no have plants that spell out AUGUST ...not even close to that spelling....
so, put a question mark by my name...

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Sign me up, I love a challenge.

Ocean Springs, MS

Count me in! Need to put my thinking cap on! Hmmmm?

If we think of a plant, may we share ideas?

This message was edited Jul 16, 2014 4:03 PM

So it doesn't necessarily have to be the plant itself that starts with the letter, it can be the variety of the plant?

Ocean Springs, MS

Check this out:
http://www.hgtvgardens.com/plant-finder/common/a

Cutlerville, MI

I'm sooo in Susie Q!

South Lake Tahoe, CA(Zone 6a)

Thank-you Froggie! From A- Z is great!

I wondered if i should do this but as i said you do not have to spell out
AUGUST , if you like as for the U :s U can Put Unable to put a name to it :))) or send a umbrella I could use one today took de over town for his food comodities & while waiting it poured , they let him indoors but i had to go out under the provilian , SO I WAS JUST A LITTLE WET WHEN WE GOT HOME :) & HE HAD ALMOST A CASE OF STRAWBERRYS i HAD TO DO UP FOR HIM & PUT IN HIS FREEZER , BY TIME I GOT ALL HIS THINGS DONE UP IT WAS AFTER 8 PM HE JUST WENT TO BED SO NOW I WILL STOP YELLING :) & GO TO BED :)
forgive the caps my pinkey hit the cap key . GN all back for coffee :)

-PLEASE DON'T LET THIS SCARE YOU OFF :)
NANNY23
BADCAT
POISONDARTFROG ?
MITTSY
FROGGIESGIRL
AHOOGSTRA

This message was edited Jul 17, 2014 5:26 PM

Could U stand for unknown? or unregistered? How about underplanting ,like the tiny Hostas that I hide under taller plants to give them shade? A suggestion for A could be Astilbe. Let's put our thinking caps on and share ideas and thoughts. I need a little more fun in my life.

U can be UTTERLY Beautyful :) you all know me by now & what ever you have to share is wounderful .:)
penny just came in for coffee so i'm going to sign off till later. u all have a great day .

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

U- U dont like it send it back... lolol

Ocean Springs, MS

Just walking around my yard, I saw these things:
A- amaryllis, african violet, african iris, asian jasmine, ajuga,
U- unknown (daylily, iris, hosta, ginger, almost any bulb, tuber, corm plant could be used here
G- geranium, gardenia, Generous clump of ?,
U- Urn plant (bromeliads)
S- sage, salvia, spirea,
T- texas star hibiscus, taro plant, trailing ?(could be a groundcover or vine), uncommon ?, undetermined ?, unknown ?,

Great ideas!

Cutlerville, MI

"U" all are so brilliant...lol How FUN is this going to be! I am SOOOO excited!
Have a wonderful day full of sunshine and soil!

Okay, I'm in.
I might send these, maybe, possibly, just an example of what I have matched up so far:
Daylily Work with Me ANNIE
Kniphofia UVARIA, Torch Lily
Daylily GINGHAM Maid
Daylily, UNKNOWN red
SALVIA, East Freisland
Mother of THYME

How fun this will be!

Never Know How many Of these we can find in our Gardens : & a few other surprises :) Maybe a few Autumn colors :) UNO's :)

Pennie took de to his apt this morning so i stayed her to be alone ,
3 more days leaving sunday Morning for orlando spend the night flight leaves at 10 am or about . soooooooooooooooooooooooo glad to get home :)

I just dug up some bulbs Think they are amaryilla Not sure going to ship them home tomorrow so they will be there by time i get there :)))
ya all have great day BBL

Oh Susie you're only an hour from me in Cocoa Beach when you are at the airport. If you ever visit FL during the winter, we'll have to meet!

Ocean Springs, MS

Went looking at our local nursery today. Found more ideas! :)

evening all can anyone tell me what these are ? Dug them up today here at my brothers place going to ship them home tomorrow so they will be there when i get there :). De dose not know what they are & he says they might be purple/or pink .so Naked lady / or amaryilla ?? maybe .

Mittsy I TRULY do not wish to come back ,This heat /humidity is tearing me up . I have vertigo from it been taken Dramamine since i have been here .

well i need to make a call so you all have a nice eve chat more tomorrow .
I found a few Great Plants today also :)

Thumbnail by deejay9

Winter doesn't have the heat and humidity. My guess on the bulbs would be rain lilies or Amaryllis. Sorry you have to medicate to tolerate the climate.

Gm may not be on much today but will check back in later today .
have a great day all

Ocean Springs, MS

DJ, it's "funny" how our bodies become adapted to our climate. I've always lived in the heat and humidity of Coastal Mississippi, but put me in a cold and/or dry climate, and I get sick! Can't breath...Stuffy...
Hope you feel better!

Atlantic Beach, VA

I'd like to do this too. :)

Atlantic Beach, VA

Mmm..so far, I have:

A (Angelonia Amaryllis, Asiatic Lily, Agapanthus, African Cape Daisy, Alliums)
U (Unknown Irises)
G (Gazania, Gladiola, 'Grape Ripple' Daylily)
U ...?
S (Shasta Daisy, spider lily, 'Sonata Pink' Cosmos, Sonatini Amaryllis 'Balentino', Sunflowers, Spinach, Sage)
T (Thyme, Tomatoes, 'Tutti Fruiti Pink' Butterfly Bush)

Ocean Springs, MS

Moonjala, you are doing well! Now who wants to fight me for her box? LOL

Atlantic Beach, VA

OoOo..Froggy..your stuff is kickass..it would be awesome to get you. :)

save a few surprises for me also :)))) last day here at de's :) so we are going to do his rugs before we leave :) will be back later this eve ya all have a great day .

Atlantic Beach, VA

Whoever I get will most likely get a Butterfly Bush (Tutti Fruiti Pink) as part of their 'AUGUST' - I just pulled the 'plant' out of the pot to discover 4 decent sized plants together. So..I get to share the love quite easily. :)

Moon no room in my suit case to take it back with me :))) sounds nice though :)today is last day here at De's just got the carpets cleaned for him not sure how long they will stay that way :(.

Susie, your vacation has been a working one if ever there was one, lol.

yup gotta go home to get rested up that for sure :) his wife passed away about 5 yrs ago & his girlsfriends won't clean for him so figure i better while I'm here :) rather be in a garden ya know but that ain't going to happen here :(

Susie, Maybe De needs to find a more cooperative girlfriend lol. One that will at least help out while he is getting back on his feet. Just saying...

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.