Wall hanging planter

Baton Rouge, LA

Easy to make wall hanging planter. All you need is hardware cloth, wire and coco liner.

Thumbnail by geauxsfa
Baton Rouge, LA

Another photo

Thumbnail by geauxsfa
(Caitlin) Fresno, CA(Zone 9b)

Cute! What a great idea!!

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Since it looks like an envelope it would be a great thank you gift. I really like it.

Baton Rouge, LA

A friend suggested to edge the planter with jute twine. Not only decorative but also covers the little wire points on the hardware cloth.

Thumbnail by geauxsfa
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

That's really nice. The edging makes it very special. Lots of ideas there. ;)

Hamburg, PA

Hi there. I bought two petunia hanging baskets at a nursery last week. I am dill event about watering as they are in almost continuous sun. While they look really pretty now, my worry is what will they look like in three weeks or so. In the past they have been initially pretty then boom all the flowers fall off at once due to their maturity and I am left with spindly vines. Sigh. They do not recover even in the fall and with fertilizer. Am I expecting too much or doing something wrong? I would like some color hanging all summer long. I will post picture tomorrow.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

What is "dill event"? Petunias like a lot of sun. They will drop their spent flowers but the stems can be pinched or cut back to encourage branching and thickness.

Hamburg, PA

Lol. Autocorrecting shines through. It was supposed to be the word diligent. Lol
I am uploading a picture for you to see the state they r in now.

Thumbnail by Ksbradley21 Thumbnail by Ksbradley21
East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

KSbradley, why don't you start your own thread in the container garden forum and share your concerns about your hanging baskets. It might get more attention than in this thread about wall hangings.

And damned the auto correct, lol

Hamburg, PA

Ok. Will do

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.